I had a question about Litterbox locations - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

I had a question about Litterbox locations

Does it matter?

I just adopted a kitten from a shelter nearby and I bought all the essentials.

He's 6 weeks old. I was thinking about the litter box because i've been doing some googling on this toxoplasmosis and i know he's not infected and I intend him to become a house cat so that should be easily avoidable.

anyway, back to the litter box. I read the Clay-based cat litters contain crystalline silica which can be harmfull to breathe in. So since I want to keep this cat basicly inside my apartment bedroom, would having the litter box in my room be a hazard?

I mean how harmful is it?

Any advice on anything regarding this or anything else would be great.

Im using this Arm and Hammer "Super Clay"

Is that bad litter brand? I'm reading another thread on this forum about the litter too. Hopefully I'll puck up some non dust litter. What is the best type right? And, are there Silica-free litters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 06:47 PM

try feline pine.. it contains no silica and stops odor very well. Also, when you use clay clumping litters when they are young, there's a chance that they might get it in their systems. that forms a big clump in the their stomachs sometimes killing them.. so try something non clumping for now until it get's older. feline pine is great because it's flushable and the urine turns into sawdust at the bottom. so you only have to scoop one thing!

hope you find a solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page