Cat hair survey - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Cat hair survey

HELP!!!
Would like to know what vacumn cleaner works best with cat hair(also which one didn't do so well). Our's is dying (Vacumn cleaner, not the cat) and we are trying to decide which one to buy.
Thanks for being here for us
Uncle Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Cool Cat

Being an apartment user who was used to having roommates who had vacuum cleaners (or lived with hardwood floors), I found myself in that situation. I was using those broom/vacuums or whatever, but they always ended up dying.

My solution (refered by another friend) was a small 4 galloon shop vac. This may seem weird, but it has a lot of suction and works quite well as a rug vacuum. PLUS cat hair is easily wisked away, and it has no bags. And then you can always use it for wet stuff too. AND it's like $40, were most broom vacuums start at more, and an actually vacuum starts at $100. These are CAD btw.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Cat Addict

The shop vac idea is a good one, and it works well.

If you've got money to spend, head over to Sears and get a 300 to 400 dollar Kenmore Canister vac. They work great. (I used to sell those and other appliances at Sears..)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Cat Addict

If you have the money to spend, this model in particular is a really good buy right now. And I promise you'll be very pleased with it.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product. ... 2023812000

Extended Warranties on those are relatively inexpensive and might be worth consideration with a cat(s). Depends on how much shedding they do.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 09:23 AM

we purchased a WindTunnel by Hoover - we got it about 2 years ago and love it. So, I'm sure newer and even better models are out now. It has great power!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page