Animal Abuse....need to get it off my chest - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Animal Abuse....need to get it off my chest

On the news this past week a 16 year old boy multilated 3 kittens in front of his 7 year old brother. What is wrong with our society? I wrote an article to our local newspaper (hopefully they will publish it). My article states that anyone who would abuse an animal is capable of committing murder or abuse to humans. These poor animals have no control over what happens to them. They arrest these people, they get out of jail and do it all over again. According to some information I found it stems from the parents and home surroundings. You never heard about these kinds of things when I was growing up. One of my cats was abused sometime during his life by someone and it has taken years for him to overcome fear of people. Animals feel pain just as us humans do and its just not right what happens to them. I get so upset with people. Hopefully I never see any abuse to an animal....not too sure what I would do.

Here is the article from the newspaper (It's so upsetting you may not want to read it)

A SHOCKING CASE OF ANIMAL CRUELTY.
COPS SAY A 16-YEAR-OLD BOY SKINNED ONE KITTEN.. ATTACKED ANOTHER WITH A MACHETE.. AND BEAT A THIRD.. NEARLY TO DEATH.
IT HAPPENED AT MARC TURNER'S HOME IN FORT PIERCE.
COPS SAY THE TEEN FOUND THE STRAY KITTENS LAST WEEK.. AND ABUSED AND KILLED THEM.. IN FRONT OF HIS 7-YEAR-OLD BROTHER.
POLICE BELIEVE TURNER DUMPED TWO OF THE KITTENS IN THE WOODS.. THE OTHER WAS RESCUED BY TURNER'S SISTER.. WHO BROUGHT IT TO THE HUMANE SOCIETY.
IT HAD A BROKEN HIP AND BACK AND A SEVERED TAIL.
THAT KITTEN HAD TO BE PUT DOWN.
TURNER WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH THREE COUNTS OF ANIMAL CRUELTY.
INVESTIGATORS SAY.. THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME TURNER HAS ABUSED AN ANIMAL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 06:28 AM
Premier Cat

That is absolutely disgusting. Now that I am a 2 cat owner, it really really disturbs me when mental people do this to animals. I know that I would never ever want to see anyone do that to any animal or else they got something else coming for them. Sorry about the vulgarity of that but it just is pretty disturbing. He really needs to be institutionalized at the very least while he is in jail
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 06:58 AM

No mercy with those
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Kitten

OMG that is just AWFUL!!! This kind of stuff upsets me too, there's just no excuse for such cruelty! That boy definitely needs psychiatric help. And I agree with you Dinkers, people like that also abuse/murder humans too. They say the majority of murderers started out abusing animals first... SICKOS!!

There was a very disturbing case of abuse in my County with a dog about a month ago also. The owner wrapped a whole roll of duct tape very tightly around the dogs nose and mouth so he couldn't eat, drink or bark for help... and tossed him out on the side of the road. The tight tape cut off circulation to the dog's facial area, causing severe decay and maggot infestation, and he was starving to death.... how awful!! They had to put the dog to sleep, it was too late to save him.

They took up a collection and raised 14k in reward money, and luckily they received an annonymous tip, and the owner was caught and is being charged.

Here's the story if you can bare to read it:
http://www.nbc10.com/news/2530231/detail.html
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 12:05 PM

If I ever got my hands on that kid I'd show him how it feels to be beat up, skinned and hit with a matchet
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 01:06 PM

People who do that just arent right in the head! It really upsets me to hear about animal abuse!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 02:58 PM

the really sick thing is, he'll probably spend a month or so in juvie and be out to do it again, but this time he'll be more careful to not get caught.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Animal Abuse

What really upsets me is that we probably don't hear about alot of this abuse. There should be more severe laws against people that do horrible things like that. I don't think a fine and a few months in jail is enough but what can anyone do about it? In my town they fight dogs and I've written the ASPCA about it with no response since the law enforcement in this town doesn't do anything. In fact I've heard they do it on an Indian Reservation and have been told that that was a federal issue. Well what do you do in a case like that??

Sure wish I could do more......
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 08:09 PM
Cool Cat

Aonir, I'm with you on that and unfortunately, Faile is exactly right with what will happen to him. He'll get out and laugh with his friends about what he did. Anyone who could take adorable little animals and make them cry out in pain and not be bothered by it is a pathetic excuse for a human being.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 09:46 PM

I guess the best thing is to spread the word about non- cruelty behaviour against innocent creatures, well in general. Another solution would be signing petitions and sendingh tem to the level where decisions are made regarding new laws protecting animals
I have found out today, when I went with Zoe to se Feral Cat Friends, a very disturbing fact. They actually told me that Wake County Animal shelter + another one in this vicinity (in NC) are actually gasing (sorry I don't know the spelling) animals when it is time for them to be put to sleep. It takes the poor babies 30 minutes till they actually die; can you even begin to imagine- like being put to sleep for no reason at all was not enough - it had to be 30 minutes in agony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page