My Messy Kittens - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

My Messy Kittens

I never knew that four kittens could be as messy as they are! Only two kittens know to wipe their paws BEFORE exiting the litter box! If they drop food on the floor, they wont eat it, they'll get new food from the dish! I thought cat's weren't that picky. My dog was willing to eat it though(much to my displeasure.)

I have to sweep the floor daily, clean the water-dish several times a day because they get litter and food in it, and new food three times a day to make-up for the dropped portions. Not counting the daily litter-run.

I had to scrub the icky floor today with some nice smelling Lysol because now it smelled awful in there. Since I did that, I got off my lazy butt and scrubbed the rest of the small portions of 'non-carpet'.

Kittens are learning a new trick when I try to shut the door behind me. Climb up my leg so I can't deal with him because I don't want the other kittens to get out. There's nothing worse then trying to round up 4 kittens!

All said and done, they're little angels when I try to take a nap. "Mommy is a toy! Let's play on her and attack her hair!" So they play a game of 'pounce' the kitten on the other side of me. I have so many little kitten scratches(didnt tear skin). One kitten found it amusing to climb my face. So I get up, and then the most playful kitten thought it'd be fun to climb me all the way to my shoulder.

Daily chores -
Morning: Put new food in, new water, try to shut the door. Capture fugitive kittens.
Afternoon: Put more new food in, new water, let kittens play in bedroom. Play with kittens. Pet four kittens at once. Put toy from bathroom in bedroom. Shut the bedroom door. Remove kitten from leg and put back in bedroom. Capture dog and remove from bedroom. Capture fugitive kittens.
Evening: Enter bedroom, have fiance capture fugitive kittens. Play with kittens, pet kittens at once. Go to bathroom, remove litterbox, dishes and sleeping towel(shake free of litter). Sweep floor. Clean litter box. Put litter box back. Put new food in dish, clean water dish.

BedTime: Enter bedroom, have fiance capture fugitive kittens. Capture bedroom kittens. Put them in bathroom. Leave, capture fugtitive kittens again.

Theres my day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 01:37 PM
Premier Cat

Re: My Messy Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonir
There's nothing worse then trying to round up 4 kittens!

Actually try 6 kittens and mummy, the litter trays and 3 food dishes, 2 water dishes (one kitten is obsessed with the water and has to climb in the water dish and play in it)

and the escape learning, hehe they are cleaver, hang on while u try to sort the escapee out, then when you open the door to put that 1 in, another 4 get out!

My solution i found worked, the good old reliable laser pen
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Premier Cat

Holy Moly! I think you have more than a handful of kittens. Too bad they can't be good little kitties and eat out of their food bowl, be careful not to knock over water, use the restroom cleanly, etc. hehe.

I can just imagine you trying to kick a kitten out and then 3 more rushing in! Gosh you have to be exhausted. Well good luck! (((=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 06:57 PM

This isn't really helpful with your current problem, but if they are getting litter in their water dish, it seems like maybe the food/water dishes are too close to the litter box? I know they are supposed to be as far away as possible....my current setup (living in a camper at my parents right now), the littler box is only about 5 feet from the food and water but Casey never gets any litter near his food.

Maybe something that would be helpful (I found helpful), is to get a litter mat, one with some tread to it, it makes their paws spread open when they step out of the litter box and they shouldn't be able to track so much litter around. I know buying one of those last week made a huge difference for me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page