I give up! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I give up!

I've got a 9 week old boy who is adorable and fiendish all in one I've posted before about him being a menace at night and last night he slept all through, cuddles up between myself and my husband. Success or so I thought. He's wet our bed and left a little 'extra deposit' in our bathroom bin. His litter box is always clean, just don't get it. He had a bed wetting thing a week ago but stopped. It's almost as if he's being a cheeky, wee rascal, having a pee cause we tired him out enough to sleep through Needless to say, hubby was not overly impressed this morning by baby wlaking over his face with little pee soaked paws! I've haD suggestions that another kitten would help to keep him company. Will this help or just give me two wonderful but sleep depriving fur balls?

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Cool Cat

Regarding the peeing on the bed, after the first time did you properly clean the bedding? Cats can smell their scent after a general washing. You have to use a cleaner that will remove pet urine. Many cats will continue to go in the same place if they can smell their urine because it tells them it's a place to go.

I've been told enzyme cleaners will take care of this, and I believe pet supply companies such as Revival Animal Health make products specifically for this.

Hope you can get this worked out.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 12:56 PM
Cool Cat

It might help. If there is another kitty, your kitty can play with him in another room while you sleep. They can keep each other entertained. I would suggest keeping the door closed to your bedroom though. I got another cat for my Stormy and they are just now getting to be good buddies. Last night they had a looong game of chase, which involved tearing around the aparment at top speed, including running into my room, jumping onto my bed and using me as a launching pad! I would have been a little upset if I wasn't so excited about them getting along so great! But I think I'll start confining them to the other rooms at night maybe.
Also when your kitten gets older, it should mellow out. When Stormy was a kitten and bugged me at night, she got put into the living room. She whined at first but got used to it. Now she knows the "rule" of my apartment...I will leave my door open for her at night but she knows the second she misbehaves, she goes out. She hasn't bugged me for months...just comes in when she wants to sleep on my bed with me.
Also if you get another kitty, try to get one around the same age as the one you have now.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I cleaned the bedding really well. Booil washed the covers using a pet clean thing, bought a new duvet and scrubbd mattress down with pet odour remover stuff. Going to try and ban him from the bedroom for a while. Maybe a few nights of sleep will help I'm tempted with getting another kitty for company but I'm only in a one bedroom apartment and this baby is an indoor kitty. Worried I won't have room for them both when they grow. Vet said this little fella is going to be a huge cat as it is.

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page