Carpet Cleaner - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Carpet Cleaner

What is the best Carpet cleaner for cats throwing up on carpet. I heard that they need enzymes to really help get the smell out? I currently use some grocery store brand carpet cleaner, it doesnt really work that well. Any ideas on whats good?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 04:06 AM
Cool Cat

Revival Animal Health sells a product called Equalizer. You spray it on, let it soak in and blot it up. Very easy to use and has a pleasant smell. It is meant to remove any pet fecal odors.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 06:50 PM

I've also heard good things about a product called "Nature's Miracle". It is a cleaner that removes the enzymes that take the smell away and hopefully discourage the kitty from doing anything in that area again, whether it's throw up again, or pee on it to cover the smell of the vomit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 11:25 AM

I am fond of Oxyclean.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

My bf picked out Natures Miracle and it works really well. Thanks guys for the advice!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 11:53 PM

Best thing for cat puke/pee is a mixture of 1 cup hydrogen peroxide, 1 tablespoom baking soda and 1 drop liquid hand soap. Mix weel and use immediatley. Let sit for about 20 minutes then blot.

Test for color fastness.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 08:43 PM

My cat has completely stopped using her litterbox and just pees in the middle of the hardwood floors. I keep cleaning it up with Natures Miracle and Wood cleaner. I don't know what else to use. Any suggestions?

We are using a Feliway diffuser in that room, as well as Rescue Remedy in her drinking water.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Has your cat seen a vet to rule out any health issues like a Urinary Tract Infection? Alot of times when they have that cats will use the restroom everywhere but there litterbox. <<))
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 12:13 PM

Now don't laugh, this IS wonderful stuff! I can't tell you the different things I have tried and the smell would always return. The name is "Anti Icky Poo" It is may by Mistermax you can order it online and it is absolute satisfaction guarantee or money back. I am highly satisfied but felt funny when I called in the order " ahhhhhhhh, yes I would like some Anti icky poo, that is the name right?" They are extremely helpful should you call in your order and very willing to explain how and why this cleaner Is so different from many! Hope this helps!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 01:03 PM

Re: Carpet Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat
What is the best Carpet cleaner for cats throwing up on carpet. I heard that they need enzymes to really help get the smell out? I currently use some grocery store brand carpet cleaner, it doesnt really work that well. Any ideas on whats good?

Thanks
I use Nature's Miracle on carpet with lots of success, but we also use a brand called Foley's. Here is the Northwest we buy it at Fred Myer. I'm not sure where else they sell it. It is similar to Nature's Miracle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page