Do you find yourself.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Do you find yourself....

Standing in the cat toy aisle at the store, holding up the little bags of toys...shaking them, staring at them, trying to decide which one would be the most fun?

Sometimes when I'm doing this, I take a mental step back and think...Wow, I am a little obsessed.

The worse part of this is after 45 minutes of decision making (which toy!), when you give your kitty the present and they sit there looking at it like...What? You want me to play with that?

Which by the way only makes you try harder the next time you're in the cat toy aisle.

So, is this just me or does anyone else do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 01:14 PM

LOL my fiance and I do it too! It never fails, we go to Petsmart for litter, just litter, nothing else we say. On the way to the litter aisle is the toy aisle, and we slow down....we glance side to side, and then glance at each other to make sure the other person didnt see us looking at the toys. Halfway down the aisle one of us breaks, usually him, and says somthing like "You know, I bet the cats would love this..." To which id reply "Yeah but look at this one!!!" And before you know it weve spent $60 on toys and a box of litter.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Cat

It happened to me more than once. There is a ball called a “molecule” which bounces around to all directions. I found one and she loved it and we lost it so whenever I go to the pet store I ask about it (they don’t usually know what I am talking about). Then I go to the mouse section: my cat is interested in furry mice that make a rattling noise. SO - I go examine the toy mice and shake the **** out of them. When I find the right one - I get it. Usually cost about 1$ but I spend forever in the pet shop. And… all that time my husband walks around mumbling - I can’t believe that is how you want us to spend our weekend!!!

The more people I meet the more I like my cat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 04:03 PM

Oh dear. You should have seen me buy a toy for dogs bday present! It took 2 days to find the perfect toy! And it ended up being 2 because I couldn't decide!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 05:33 PM

Toys for the Kitties

I always buy the kitties some new toys. Last weekend I found some cat tunnels in the $1.00 store and purchased three of them and sewed them together to make it a long tunnel. It is funny to watch them run thru it or just play in it. Maybe I will post a picture later with one of them in it for all to see. It seems the cheaper the toy is the better they like it including shoe boxes and paper bags.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

WOW! $1.00?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Premier Cat

okay, since the truth is coming out.....

I work in a pet store (as many know) at the weekends, at the end of the day we have to face up the store. (bring stock to the front of the shelves and dust) Anyway, I ALWAYS head for the cat ilses first, then I can browse the foods, and look at all the toys, then its the medical/herbal ilses to see what there is. I love it!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 10:50 PM

$1.00 Play Tunnels

I just uploaded a picture of the play tunnels that I purchased at the dollar store and sewed together as the new toy for the week.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 11:14 PM

Oh yeah, I stand in the cat toy aisle every time, thinking hard about the toys, and looking for the newest ones. Always walk out with several new toys.

But y'all got nothing on me, you think THAT'S bad: you know you're obsessed when it doesn't matter what store and what aisle you're in, you think, HEY, that'll make a cool toy for the kitties. Anyway, the toys they like best are the ones NOT marked "cat toy", so pffft, I can be as nutty as I want.

Just saw the cat tunnel pic, cool!!! I paid a ton of money for mine, geez.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 11:16 PM

Aw, the kitty in the tunnel is soooo cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page