scare of a lifetime!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

scare of a lifetime!!

i was taking cujo to the vet today. i went to a new vet, and i didn't know they had a parking lot, so i parked on the street a little under a block away. the vet is located on a VERY busy street. anyway, as i'm walking, the door of the cat carrier suddenly just fell off, and cujo jumped right out! he wasn't wearing a collar or anything, and here he is loose next to a street with cars zooming past! i took a step toward him and he ran. thank god he ran away from the street, into someone's yard. i chased him up their front steps, where he got trapped between their door and the railing, and i was able to grab him. then i had to try and get him back in the carrier, in the middle of the sidewalk without letting go of him and he didn't want to go in! i got him in though, and halfway got the door back on. then i carried him the rest of the way to the vet with the door side facing up and my chin was all that was keeping the door shut and him from jumping out again! i don't think i was ever so glad to get inside a building. i couldn't fill out the paperwork at the vet because my hands were shaking!

after his appointment the vet helped me secure the carrier, she tied it shut with suture thread.

and then, after all that, i couldn't pay for the appointment cause my wallet wasn't in my purse! i thought for sure i had lost it in the scare, because i remembered checking for it before i left my apartment. the people at the vet were really cool about it though, and said if i called later with a credit card that would be fine. so i get home, and there is my wallet laying on the table. sigh. i called and paid the vet.

and then, after all that, i had to leave immediately and go take a test!

what a day! i'm just glad cujo is safe, and the test went fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 03:47 AM

wow what a scare, faile. I was shaking once when Frosty managed to get out a few steps from me in the garage ..I can imagine what is feels like to see a beloved pet next to a busy street!!!I am grateful everything turned out well for you in the end.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 04:30 AM
Cool Cat

scare of a lifetime!

Oh no, what a ghastly experience! That is my worst nightmare. A similar thing happened to my Mum once, years ago when she was taking our old cat to the vet. Tinker escaped and ran off down the street - but luckily a man who was passing by managed to catch her and helped Mum get her back in the carrier.
I'm so glad you and Cujo are OK.

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 08:37 AM
Senior Cat

Thank Heaven that Cujo is safe!

Peace,
Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ForJazz did it!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 09:02 AM
Cat Addict

Oh my gosh! If I'd been you I might've had a heart attack! I'm so glad Cujo is ok.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 10:34 AM

Oh my gosh, how scary!!! I'm so glad everything turned out okay. I had a scare the other day myself - I had my 6-year old nephew over and he accidently left the slider open that goes onto my balcony. I didn't know it was left open and we went out to lunch. I came back and found Lola out there peering over the edge of the balcony. I managed to get her safe back into the house by moving very slowly and scooping her up, thankfully. I thought for sure the other 2 had already leaped over the edge but they were both inside, oblivious to the fact that the slider was open.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Tom Cat

W H E W!!!

I'm glad it all worked out ok, Faile.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

i'm still so mad at the designer of the carrier! a door shouldn't be able to just fall off like that. i can't stop thinking about what couuld have happened. he's getting mad at me cause i keeping scooping him up to hug him.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 06:57 PM

I'm so glad everything turned out ok. I somewhat know how you feel, when my 2 cats knocked the screen out of the window and disappeared for an hour I was FREAKING out!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Cat

I had to take socks out of her carrier in the airport so they won't put her in the screening tunnel... in an AIR PORT! I held her so tight we both stopped breathing

The more people I meet the more I like my cat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page