Yellow Teeth - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Yellow Teeth

Simon's teeth are really yellow. I looked at all the other cats teeth and they are all nice and white. What would cause Simon's teeth to be so yellow and what do I do to fix it?

(Simon is our new cat, he is two years old. We have owned Simon for about two weeks now.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 10:17 PM

I'd suggest going to the vet for a teeth cleaning.!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 02:51 AM
Cool Cat

Just as in humans, genetics play a big factor in teeth in cats and so does diet. My 5 year old Hudson has beautiful white teeth with no tartar or decay, where as my other 2 had substantial tartar and yellowing at about 3-4 years, Sundae (9yo) had to have 1 pulled, Anika just needed a good cleaning (7yo). and they're both due again soon. I always opt for the flouride treatment too. My deceased cat Femix (sigh) had very healthy teeth too. I'd definiatly get them checked, color isn't so much important but the actual condition of the teeth, particularly the back ones (the ones they never let you look at ) Bad teeth can be a life threatening condition for a cat, and they never complain about them being bad. ( Sundae mashed on a rotten one so hard she drove it into the bone and had to have it cut away).

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page