What kind of breed are these kittens? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

What kind of breed are these kittens?

I want to adopt a kitten and I've felt in love with these, I don't think they are Siamse or Russian Blue like the web site suggest.

unfortunately they won't give me any because my lease says no animals. Even so every one in my building has dogs or cats.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...l=&stat=<br />
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:12 PM

They may be half Siamese, half domestic short hair? They definately have some Siamese in them though.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:22 PM

Looks more like a Ragdoll than a Siamese mixed with a domestic cat.

Siamese has not that thick fur and the coloring on the grey kitten looks like a typical Ragdoll. Siamese are very slender and thin compared to these.

I checked Petfinder the other day and looked for Siamese and about 90% of the cats that they had there had NO Siamese blood in them at all. Some just had big ears and that was "siamese" while their eyes weren't blue or had the right coloring etc.

I think they put a "breed" on them to easier get rid of the cats. Which is sad when they turn out to not have any of the traits of that breed at all, either temperament nor looks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:53 PM

Not all Siamese are thin like the new ones are, the "traditional" or "applehead" Siamese is what the breed looked like before it became popular to breed them so thin. Its very possible those kittens have some siamese in them, but they are mostly domestic short hair as the picture of their mom is of an all black cat.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 09:27 PM

They look like that they may have some Siamese in them.

When I was living at home with my parents. They had a cat named Alex she was part Siamese. She looked alot like them when she was a kitten.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 09:50 PM

Yes I know there's apple head siamese, but look at the coat on those kittens, they have an under coat, that's nothing a siamese have. Just because the eyes are blue doesn't mean they are siamese, there's many other breeds with blue eyes.

Here's a ragdoll kitten:
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:05 PM

But they would have an undercoat if they were crossed with a domestic anyways....because domestics have undercoats. Unless they are pure Siamese, their fur won't be as thin and smooth as a Siamese.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:11 PM

I just wonder what you see that's siamese in those kittens. The face (even if it's an apple head the nose should be different), the fur, the body structure all tells it's another breed, or at least very little siamese which does not affect anything of the looks beside the blue eyes.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:20 PM

Mostly the points they have, the smude on the nose and ears, those usually foretell of at least some siamese background, even if its very distant.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:22 PM

But there's other breeds with point colors too! Like the ragdoll above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page