can't...control...excitement...NEW CAT! (Pics & Question - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

can't...control...excitement...NEW CAT! (Pics & Question

I don't know if anyone remembers, but for a while now, I've been struggling with adopting a new kitty (is it time? girl or boy? how many to get? now is it time?...).

We visited our local humane society over the weekend - with the intention just to visit - but while we were in one of the cat club houses (five cats sharing a room with cool wall perches and an overhead cat walk) this sweet long haired tabby approached us and then sat right near Mike. Later, he sat very close to me and put his paws on my leg, and gave me head love bumps and kisses. *Completely* stole my heart. It all felt right, so we decided to adopt him!

He's pretty big, so we assumed he was around 2-3 years old, but later discovered he's 10 months, and was a stray.

Policy is that he must be neutered before going home, so we've had to wait since Saturday for his vet appointment today. We pick him up from the vet when he's ready, after we fill out the official adoption paperwork at the shelter this afternoon.

I am SO excited. And nervous about introducing him to Pfeffa. I've read and re-read the articles at littlebigcat.com, and we have a room all set up for him when he arrives home.

Anyone have any words of wisdom for us?

Pictures from his first night!
Hobochangba didn't care for the flash - and he's not as gray as he appears here - he's definitely brown. Isn't his "ruff" so funny - it makes him look very top heavy.

He has such pretty eyes - here's a blurry one (I tried to not use flash and he doesn't stand still much!)

And last, but certainly not least, my Pfeffa girl (who's not so keen on Hobochangba just yet, or of me taking her picture with the new camera - can't you just see that in her eyes?)

A question:
Is it normal for a cat to ROLL around in his litter box? It is brand new, with no scent - could he have been trying to put his scent in it? There is litter EVERYWHERE! He did successfully use it this morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 02:12 PM

Not exactly wisdom here...but I just wanted to say - "Have lots of fun with your new addition! I am so happy for you!"
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! I think encouraging someone to have fun with their cat IS wisdom.

Only an hour and a half left before I leave to make it all official (!) WOO HOO! Oops, sorry, control...control...serenity...calming...

aw heck - WHOOP WHOOP NEW KITTY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 08:18 PM

Congratulations on your new arrival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It is SO exciting to get a new additon to the family Have lots of fun, and take lots of pictures!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Cool Cat

congrats! of course, post pictures soon!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Just posted some pics at the top (!)

He is SUCH a little sweetheart. Pfeffa was mostly clueless, even when I came down after a visit with him rubbing and giving kisses. I played with her as usual, and it wasn't until she wandered upstairs, and happened to sniff under the door that she realized something was IN there.

Hobochangba chirped at her from behind the door, but she hissed, then backed away, then slunk down the stairs and refused to go back up.

Later, he was crying and scratching at the door ( ) and she was down at the bottom of the stairs staring up, her ears perked up more than I've ever seen them - absolutely enthralled with these sounds. At one point, she was leaning to one side and had her paw lifted slightly (?). It was precious. Will curiousity get the best of her? Will she wander back up on her own? I'm so anxious for them to meet - and for Hobochangba to be out and about.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 03:10 PM

I can't see the pics, only red x's

But congratulations on your new kitty!!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 03:19 PM

aww they're all so pretty!

p.s.- geocities doesn't allow for outside linking of pics, so if you want to see them, you'll ahve to right click, get properties, copy the picture address then paste it into the address bar.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks BritChipmunk!

I didn't realize that about geocities (guess that's what you get when you don't pay for anything). I'll edit the links when I can get to my own FTP site later today.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Cool Cat

Congrats on your new kitty! The pics are great! He reminds me of....LION. Keep us updated on the introduction!

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page