I'm a lucky cat-owner. :-) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

I'm a lucky cat-owner. :-)

you know, I never really appreciated Sherlock until I joined this forum and read about some problems that people have with their cats.

Sherlock never hisses, spits, scratches, bites, attacks, yells for no reason, pee outside the litterbox, poo on my bed, shred my clothes, ruin my furniture or gives me a hard time. she's affectionate, loves purring and having me pet her, never had diarrhea in all the times I've changed cat foods, and has only thrown up once during the duration that I've had her. (almost 10 months)

tomorrow I'm going to the shelter to find her a little playmate. I hope I'm lucky enough that this new kitten will be just as great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 06:59 PM

I was thinking how lucky I was too I have had
Malcolm for 7 months....he was three when I adopted him. And he is the most well behaved cat I have ever met, and he such personality He is a little gentleman.

ohhh!! another kitty!!!!! Lucky Sherlock!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 07:10 PM

Please don't be discouraged if her personality changes a bit during the process of introducing a new kitty. I'm no expert but I know that our two have always been easy and mild mannered but when the new kitten came, our Smuj changed quite a bit. I'm sure most of it is temporary but some could be permanent. As soon as he sensed another cat here he started hissing at all of us and growling. He never did any of this. He's getting better but in baby steps. Bagheera on the other hand seems to be saying "Ok, a kitten, well don't expect me to hang out with her any time soon". Bagheera only hissed maybe twice and that was on the first day.
He has been so much better with this that we allow him to be around her. He will sit next to her but won't get too close because the kitten tries to nurse off him.

All this could have been said in vain....your kitty may be perfectly fine with a new friend but just be sure to go through the proper process for introductions.

Check out the web site for "Dumb Friends League". You can call the toll free number and they will send you a free info pack on steps for introducing a new cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 01:57 PM

I have to admit, I too, have very low-maintenance cats. I've been very lucky. Even my cat, Floyd, who is no longer with us, was a wonderful cat. I made 17 moves in 10 years with him, and not a word of protest from him EVER. Same goes for my current cat, Jack, who has always been a good boy. I'm hoping the same holds true with Tom, our newest addition! So far, so good!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page