Why do you suppose? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Why do you suppose?

That people don't realize their is a serious cat overpopulation? They blissfully continue to let their regular mixed breed cat have kittens after kittens after kittens.

These people feel that because their kittens go to "good homes" they couldn't possibly be contributing to the cat population. Let's face it..how good are most of these homes? If everyone hung on to their sweet, adorable kitten that now has grown into a mature cat, why would there be so many abandoned cats outside and at the humane societies? I just don't understand how people can live in ignorance and bliss.....

P.S. Please note, I'm only speaking of people that willingly let THEIR cats breed, not people on farms and such that have no control of cats dumped on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 02:39 PM

I wish the house cats (mixed breeds, domestic, whatever they are called) weren't overpopulated since they are often very wonderful cats. Some seem to think that the standard of them would increase if they charge a high fee for them (for vaccinations etc) and then make it a more acceptable breed. And they say that people rather buy a kitten from a breeder than "save a cat".

Would they say the same about children? Would a 2 year old boy or a girl not be as loving and wonderful as a newborn baby.

But oh boy if you mention this, you are a snobby pure breed fashist. I love mixed breed cats, I've had probably 10 different ones in my life, kittens that would have been drowned or shot instead. But I'm still a snob since I now have two pure breed kittens.

*sic*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page