Our cat is mad at us - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Our cat is mad at us

My apologies. This is a little long.

I noticed that Shye was limping last Sunday evening. As concerned parents we took her to an emergency clinic. The Vet said it looked like she hyperextended her left paw, keep an eye on it and if it doesn't get better within a few days to take her back for x-rays.

Well... Shye didn't like it. When we got home, she bolted downstairs. Since then she has been hiding in the corner behind the television. We didn't want her to put too much pressure on that paw so we put her bed back there, brought down her potty (the familyroom is beginning to smell), food, water and toys. She comes out on occasion, lets us pet her then runs back and hides. Mostly, she just looks sadly at us. She is afraid of everything and scared of us. A couple times she hissed at my husband.

We're very worried . What can we do? Any advise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 01:01 AM

I haven't really had any similar experiences but it sounds to me like you are doing the right thing for your kitty.

Poor Shye

Quote:
Mostly, she just looks sadly at us. She is afraid of everything and scared of us.
Poor kitty is just hurting and did not like going to the vet. I think that if you keep giving her space like you are that she will come around. And when she begins to feel better she will prbably be more like her old self.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 01:31 PM

Awe hun - don't worry too much. =(

My kitty gets a little upset at me too at times - turns his back on me - runs off before I can pet him - peed on my book bags (and I mean all of them) he pooed and peed on my hedgehogs... peed on my fiance... pooed in my suitcase, all because I went on vacation for a bit with my family.

Sometimes cats act a little weird if they are upset at us - but it will pass in time.

I would sugest that you act like everything is normal and make sure she knows she is still loved. Remember that since she is in pain that she might be a little huffy - as are all animals are when they are injured. Try not to take her anger too personally.

Also - maybe after vet visits - you can try to lavesh her with attention and with special treats - if you can't beat them - bribe them!

Just be thankful she isn't the destructive type. ^_^ Good luck with her - tell us how she faires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the encouragement

We're giving her all the love we can. We give her treats when she comes out and talk to her softly. I hope she's better soon. We sure miss her.
My husband just checked on her. She's hiding under the bed and won't come out. He put her food under the bed and she ate most of it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Cool Cat

Yes, I think your poor kitty just suffered something traumatic and is just plain scared. Continue to be patient and give her love and attention when she comes out and gradually she will open up again.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 02:36 AM
Cool Cat

Definitely don't worry about it... being in pain and scared at the vet will do that to any kitty.. just be patient, do what you're doing and she'll come around
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Premier Cat

You sound like very patient and wonderful parents to your furbaby. She will come around.
How is she doing today?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

Shye came to me and let me scratch her. She purred and rubbed her head on my foot. She is still skiddish and went back to the corner of the closet but this is definite progress. She's limping but I am keeping an eye on it.

Richo, your cat looks just like our Shye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page