Spiking your kitty's toys with catnip: good or bad idea? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: catnip
yay 12 92.31%
nay 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

Spiking your kitty's toys with catnip: good or bad idea?

i'm somewhat curious about purchasing some catnip to see how my kitty will react. is catnip generally an okay thing to use for your kitty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 09:16 AM
Cat Addict

I store some of Sabby's toys in a container of catnip. He loves it! I don't give him catnip every day, though. Only a couple times per week.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 10:53 PM

Mine get it occasionaly. They love that stuff they will roll all over the floor and my long hair will be covered in cat nip. It is pretty funny to watch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 11:37 AM

My kitty doesn't seem terribly interested in catnip. Am I supposed to sprinkle it on the floor or her bed or something? I got a catnip mouse, and at first she seemed to love it (was rolling around with it), but after taht, she wouldn't go near it. I'd toss it at her and she'd sniff it and just walk away.

I thought all cats loved catnip!

-Heather
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 12:36 PM

Oh yes, my kitties love catnip. I have it growing outside, and I bring in a few leaves, and that's all she wrote for a few hours!

Lisa
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 04:21 PM

My cats go wild for it! Catnip grows ever so plentiful around here. Our acreage is covered with (it's also a good insect repeller and aids in digestion problems in humans along with its many other uses.).
http://www.altnature.com/gallery/catnip.htm
So I have dug up many plants and grow it closer to the house. I just go out and pick a leaf or two split it up among them and they roll around and have a good ole time. I am in the process of filling my second ziploc with dried catnip. I just keep picking it until the plants are done. (They are perennials too ) I take the leaves and dry it on a screen for the winter months. Annissa I do the same thing storing their toys in it as well as sewing it into little pouches for them to toss around! Amazing stuff!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page