cat trees, cat walks, any other furniture - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
cat trees, cat walks, any other furniture

Right now, I only have two beds for Addison. One is a cushy square mat type with padded walls about twi inches up that he spends a lot of time snuggling in the sun, and the other is a kitty cube (?) like a fully enclosed padded box with two holes for him to go in and out of. He seems to enjoy spending a lot of time sleeping in them.

I've always wanted to buy one of those really tall (like floor to ceiling) cat trees for him to climb around on but they're SO expensive! I've thought of building one, but I'm not very DIY oriented and tend to quit shortly after beginning projects.

The cat walk caught my eye because it doesn't seem at all hard to basically build a shelf with carpet on it. I may try that one soon.

Has anyone made their own cat tree or other climbing type furniture? If so, about how much did you end up spending and how long did it take?

Right now, he doesn't have anything to climb, so I'm not sure if he'd even like it, so I don't want to waste a lot of money for nothing.

Any ideas?

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Jessie, I read a post saying that there are very reasonable tall cat trees at Walmart! I'm tempted to go look myself. Good luck.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 01:43 AM

My husband made a cat box/tree for our guys. I'm sorry I asked him to do it. Don't get me wrong...he did a great job. But this thing he created is so big I can't wait to get rid of it!

Granted, the cats like it but I'd rather have something like what you can buy at Petsmart. The one he made has a huge box at the bottom that they can sleep in and then it goes up from there to the ceiling with a perch half way up.

Don't know what it cost him either but I doubt it was worth all the time and hard work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 09:53 AM

I wonder if you can take apart those things from Walmart and put them in a suitcase?

Both my brother-in-law and his wife works at Walmart, so we'd probably could get a good discount if we could ever be able to transport such a thing to Sweden. Imagine that customs!!!!! "could you open up your bag, mam?"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Cat

I looked for cat trees not long ago (I am trying to find the link of the post.. hope this works https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t ... =cat+trees)

I ended up getting this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 54906&rd=1
on ebay.

I already got it and since I am moving to Canada soon I didn't assemble it yet... Looks easy though.

Good luck!

The more people I meet the more I like my cat!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 02:19 PM

Great price on Ebay....now that's what I'd like to have!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
The one on ebay is something like what I'm looking for. I like the idea of having a hammock so at least if he doesn't climb on it, he'll still sleep on it I'm still certain I can build one cheaper...

Speaking of which, I finally bought my first item on ebay for a penny! its a cd rom with a bunch of plans for cat trees, etc. Once I get it, if I can find a way to link to the plans from here (they're in pdf) I'd be glad to share them with you all!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 11:55 PM

That would be so GREAT!! My fiance has been wanting to build a cat tree for awhile, but we haven't been able to find any plans Let me know how your CD works out
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 04:51 AM

see the problem with ebay is that even though the trees go for pretty decent prices, the shipping charges add up.

I just tried to check out the shipping fee on a tree and it would cost over 50 bucks just to ship to me, meaning together, it would still be well over 100 dollars!

...*sigh* maybe I should just give in and buy one from a pet store.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 10:34 AM

I just started thinking about getting on. I saw this post and now I keep looking at different ones. I think I'm hooked. Now it's like I have to get them one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page