Cat collars and tags...updated, new question! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Cat collars and tags...updated, new question!

I have three indoor cats. They have never been allowed outside and I always watch them very closely to see that they don't sneak out. I live alone and for a while I lived with my boyfriend who also watched them, etc.

In a week I will be moving to Flordia. I will be living with my boyfriend and his roommate. Plus his roommates girlfriend is over alot. I started worrying. Because I worry ALOT. Anyway I am worried that they kitties could sneak out when I wasn't there being caustious, etc. I don't think they would leave the door open or anything, but you never know what can happen.

I was thinking about gettting all the cats collars, so that I can put tags on them.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this. Am I worrying about nothing? I don't really care for the way collars look on cats. But I am willing to get over that Does anyone have collars and tags on their cats? What type?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Cat

Token has a safety collar on, you can get those at Petco. I also printed up one of those metal tags that they have. I think it looks cute, and it doesn't seem to bother him.

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 03:53 PM

All of my cats wear collars I am a worrier too, and it gives me piece of mind Ashley and Gaylord both have leather collars (Ashley's has jewels on it) and the both have ID tags that I had engraved at Pet Smart, with reflectors on the back. I think they look cute in them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 04:01 PM

Both Frosty and Kitties have collars and tags. I am also going to have them have microchips implanted - just in case. They are indoor kitties but it is better to be on the safe side.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 04:14 PM

All my cats have collars on.. Besides teddy, who recently broke his I use break-away collars so they CAN break in case they get caught.. Would rather my cats escape collarless then choke to death. Teddy and Cheyenne both have I.D.s.. they are completely fine with them.

You may also consider microchipping.. Oreo is microchipped.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Cat Addict

Sabby has a teal-colored nylon collar with a bit of elastic in it so it can easily slip off if he gets it caught in something. I only put it on him if we're going somewhere. His tags jingle so much that they keep me awake at night, plus when he drinks they get dunked in water and it's very unpleasant when he jumps on my lap and his tags start dripping on me. Yuck.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthe
All of my cats wear collars I am a worrier too, and it gives me piece of mind Ashley and Gaylord both have leather collars (Ashley's has jewels on it) and the both have ID tags that I had engraved at Pet Smart, with reflectors on the back. I think they look cute in them

It's nice to know I'm not the only worrier
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 06:14 PM

We bought Envy and Chaos collars with the gold ID tags from Petmsart just in case they escaped while we were driving across the country, I didnt use to like collars but I think they look really good with the pendants.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Ok. I got them all collar. For now just the basic nylon. Plain black for the boys and a patterned one for the girl I got the break away ones. Nylon with the plastic clamp. Anyway. I'm not sure if Zack is a magician or what. He gets the collar off a million times during the day. I did have it pretty lose. He is long hair and I didn't want it to mat down his fluffy mane. Anyway I tightened it, but he is still getting it off somehow!

Has anyone else had this problem?

How tight are the collars supposed to be. I figured it wasn't like a dogs collar so maybe they are too lose.

HELP! I would hate for him to run off and find his collar on the floor!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 12:02 PM

Mine all have collars, and they're all microchipped. On my little girl (Clover), I think the collar looks like jewelry... I think it makes her look pretty. Of course, I don't think anything could make me think my little Clover isn't beautiful .

I would recommend getting collars, and if you do, get the safety ones that you just have to pull to get off. Because if they do get outside, and they get caught in something, you want them to be able to get themselves out by pulling.

I would also recommend getting them microchipped. It isn't too expensive, and almost all shelters and vets check for microchips.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your post above
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page