My 3 Legged Wonder IS home! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

My 3 Legged Wonder IS home!

Pictures of Jonah in the Gallery! He is awesome! 1 week after his surgery he jumped up on the bed and off. Today I moved him up to the loft to get the resident cats time to sniff out the bedroom he was in for 2 days. I carried him up the stairs, gently set him down to check out his new environment. I set him down he went down the steps and sniffed around and had a bit of a tougher time but made his way back up almost no problem.
They had guessed him to be close to two weeks with his leg stuck in that terrible trap. For him to have eaten his way down to his skeleton and it was already dried up they thought it to be that long. The infection had set in and reeked of gangrene. I CANNOT imagine what this little baby went through.
But you know what, to look at him now, he is calm and loving (Wayyyyyy loving, I lay down with him and he crawls right up in my face to snuggle and (don't tell my mom, she is not a fan of getting close to animals, My sweet husband don't mind, so .....) but Jonah loves to give kisses on my cheek with that sandpaper tongue!!!!! What an amazing cat! We are thrilled! Just couldn't keep it all in, had to share!!! Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 06:37 PM

Oh!! poor poor kitty getting stuck in a trap.

He is super cute!!! And it sounds like he is getting lots of love

What a happy ending for Jonah!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 06:44 PM

That is so great!!!!!!!! He is a miracle kitty!! And he is very handsome. I am so happy for you both!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Premier Cat

He looks like he is doing great.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 01:03 PM

Wow, what a great ending!!! Give him a kiss from us too.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 02:14 PM

Awww, he's so handsome! Love the pics, too!

Lisa
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for sharing in our joy with our Jonah! He is just so unbelievable! He is now going up and down the stairs (we have three staircases and actually that was my greatest concern for Jonah). I am just guessing that perhaps with what this sweet baby has been through and survived, that stairs are a piece of cake! He is a determined cat, he's shown that.
Jonah is adapting especially well, as we are now beginning to slowwwwwwwwwly introduce him to the rest of the family He has his own private room in the loft but we have now given him a slumber buddy and sidekick, our youngest 10 month old, Kizie. They are bonding well and Kizie is especially easy going and tender.
This is my first attempt at using vanilla and it appears to be taking off that edge. Well just wanted to share an update from the Iowa Kitty Ranch
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Cool Cat

That's great! ..... I'm running away to see the pictures.....

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:08 PM

I'm glad to hear he's doing so well! I remember being upset when I saw Xander after his surgery....so if you have any of those feelings, it's ok! After the stitches come out and his hair grows back, you'll end up like us....we often forget Xander only has the 3 legs until someone points it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page