will my cat get lonely? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

will my cat get lonely?

I just got a kitten, he is almost three months old. I leave him home all day while I am at work until 5pm. Is he going to get lonely?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Cat Addict

I'm sure he will, but he'll adjust. Just make sure he has everything he needs...toys, litter, water. And he'll be fine.

You could always get another kitten to keep him company, but it's not really necessary. Most cats are loners to some extent and he will soon adjust to your schedule.

I work long hours and as soon as I get home my kids are waiting by the door. If I come home early, Kitty hides, as the older and wiser of my two cats, she figures it means it's time to go to the vet.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 05:12 PM

My kitty

Hi,

I'm in the same exact situation as you: I got Kiera around 3/4 months and I work full time. I think she is ok... she sleeps all day anyways! Almost every day, she hears me coming up the stairs and she hears my keys, and comes to greet me, and immediately yawns and stretches so I know she was just snoozing

It's kind of amusing when I get home and I find things all over the apartment. She always takes the fishing pole toy and drags it all over. I keep it in the living room, but when I get home from work sometimes, it is mysteriously tangled around my desk chair in my bedroom!

The only frustrating thing for me, is that when she's done something bad, and I see the evidence (for example, knocking aplant off from on top of my fridge that smashed to bits on the floor!). I can't really discipline her because it's after the fact and she won't understand.

I don't know, I think she might be happier if she had someone to play with all day, but I do my best to give her plenty of love & attention when I get home.

-Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Premier Cat

Heather is right, cats tend to sleep all day anyway. I think you kitty will do just fine.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 05:25 PM

I had to have back surgury last year and have had quite a long rehab process and have been home most of the last year , trust me your cat prefers you gone during the day. There's LOTS of sleep to catch up on while youe at work! Their nocturnal creatures and enjoy peace & quite during the day. Just make sure you make the bed B4 you leave the house . You kitty is fine.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 02:40 AM

cats are nocturnal creatures but they have a biorhythmic clock. They adjust to a schedule. I train all my cats to adjust to sleeping at night when I get them. I keep them in their own room at night and in the day if they sleep, I just wake them up and play with them. Now all my cats feel sleepy at night and even with free roam of the house, they would just snooze off when it gets late. They are extremely energetic in the morning when I wake up because that's when they get up too.

And getting multiple cats is much better than one. You won't have the time to play with your cat the whole day. Get another cat with similar personalities and they will get along fine. My first cat is extremely playful and energetic. I bought 2 more for her and one is playful while the other one is calm and less active. My cat always play with the active cat. They chase each other around. She would still lick the more passive cat but they hardly play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page