Your opinion on the LitterMaid and the new Purrforma... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Automatic Litterboxes...opinions and which is better?
LitterMaid 0 0%
Purrforma 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Your opinion on the LitterMaid and the new Purrforma...

Okay, so for the last year or more, I've had the LitterMaid LM600 model (that you can buy from Target). Overall, I think it's worth it, but there are a few things that irritate me...like how the litter gets stuck in the grooves along the track...

Most of all, I'm not crazy about the fact that you have to tug pretty hard to remove the "waste" receptacle and you basically can't remember the dirty kitty mess without touching it. The removal process of this thing is not the greatest. My older cat loves it though. It's always clean inside. The kitten hasn't even found it yet.

On a daily basis is really nice not to have to scoop. However, just the other day I noticed that mine kinda pooped out. The light was flashing and it wasn't scooping the mess. I turned it on and off and it reset itself, but in the event it's time to retire it, I'm intersted in others opinions on the machine overall.

I have seen a new box called the "Purrforma" by Petmate. Now this looks like a cool machine. It has adjustable timing, the waste receptable is in the back. It has bags with little handles that sit inside the bin, this way you just open the door and pull the bag out and tie it up. No mess to TOUCH. It's 200.00 bucks though...

Has anyone tried this? If so, what are your thoughts. AND, again...what are your thoughts on the LitterMaid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Nobody??
Okay, my littermaid is definately on the fritz...was kind hoping I could get some input before i put the money into another one. Does anyone here have one, do they like it? Would you buy another? And again, do any of you have the purfforma?

I was also thinking about getting that Omega litterbox. It's not mechanical, but you tilt it to the side and the mess is supposed to fall into a little drawer that you just pull out and empty.

Thoughts????
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Premier Cat

I dont use any automatic litter boxes, so I cant help.
Just wanted to say that so you didnt think you were being ignored
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks! That was very nice of you!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:55 AM

I have a littermaid and I'm looking forward to its death so I can buy a Litter Robot. Haven't heard of the Purrforma. Here's info on the Litter Robot:

http://www.litter-robot.com/
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I was just looking into the litter robot. It seems a little pricey but if all the testimonials are true, it might be worth it. The only thing i don't like is that there is no ramp. I have a 9 week old kitten and that would take some reachin'. I know we could come up with something, but you'd think for that price, they would have EVERYTHING covered. I have considered buying yet another littermaid even for the interim because I've seen the refurbished ones on ebay for about 50 bucks.

Kristi, what do you hate about the littermaid? I really, really hate that waste bin removal. I'd almost rather scoop than have to maneuver that thing out of there. Icky!

The purrforma looks nice too. Less than the litter-robit, but looks much better than the littermaid. I just haven't met anyone who actually has it...yet it's on back order on nearly every website...so surely someone has it. Check it out.

http://www.petmate.com/Catalog.plx?ID=1678
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
if I had the money, I might consider getting an automatic litter box, but its simply not an option right now. Plus, I've used clumping litter, but for some reason it doesn't clump right. Every time I would try to sift it out of the litter, it would just break up into a bunch of little pieces and mix in with the rest of it.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I know what your mean. It is an investment. It's hard to drop that much cash on a kitty john! :O

I've had some problems with clumping litter breaking apart, but it turned out to be the litter. What are you using?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I just use the crystals now, but I think I was using Tidy Cats. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if it was clumping or not I'm a dork.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I loved the crystals. Can't use them with the littermaid though. It's give and take, like anything I guess. The more i think about it, the littermaid is pretty cool...I just really want to hear from someone who has tried the purrforma.

I think for our second box I might swap it out for the omega paws. Atleast you don't have to sift/scoop - it does it foryou and you just have to empty that built in drawer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page