Well I have my new baby!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Well I have my new baby!!

Apparently I had the most timid of the litter...right....well that ended after about an hour after getting her home I have called her Angel and I love her to bits!!
I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice and links to help me out with owning my first kitty, that was much appreciated. I still have a problem though and hope you can help me.

As I have a dog I was worried about introducing the pair, and the advice here was very helpful. It has got to the stage where the dog is sniffing her, and even nosing her (I can't figure the nosing bit) and really fine with her...if she's still, but as soon as she darts around the room the dog tries to chase her! I'm not sure if this is in a nasty way or not, as I have kept the dog on her leash just incase, and I would never forgive myself if Angel was hurt, can anyone please offer me any advice, or tell me if i'm doing anything wrong. When my daughter had Angel in her room the dog was searching everywhere for her, and as I said is fine when she is still, will it always be this way?? thankyou in advance I appreciate the help given to me.

Oh and I tried to put a pic up on the gallery, but I got an error, help would also be appreciated there, many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 07:10 PM

Well, congratulations on your new baby!!!! How exciting It sounds ike you are doing the right things....keep your dog on its leash, and when he goes after the cat, give him a strong "NO" and a tug on the leash. Good luck

OH...and great name!!! My rabbit's name is "Angel"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for that I'm sure everything will be ok in time. I'm sure Angel will let the dog know soon enough! after yesterday when I thought I was helping her! After all the toys I got her she prefers a piece of screwed up paper, I thought she got it stuck on her tooth and tried to help her, but it turned out she was just holding it, and was swiping at me with her paws, and making a very strange noise, which I took as 'back off buddy its mine' lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 10:55 AM

lol! Yeah, most cats can take perfectly good care of themselves, thank you very much!! I know my cats have my dog completely whipped They will be fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page