Invented new cat toy! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Would you buy one?
Yes 10 76.92%
No 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Invented new cat toy!

So I'm assuming I thought of it first I've never seen anything else like it but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.
Anyway, my cats always seem to want to play when I'm busy around the house. I've tried randomly attaching their toys to me somehow so while I'm moving about I can still play with them. I've tried sticking their wands through belt loops, tying things to me...I've done it all.

So I came up with this idea...What do you guys think???

All I have to do is slip it on my ankle and go about my chores or whatever it is I'm doing. The strings dangle behind me, attracting the cats and they chase me all over the house. I wore it all night. The strings are long enough that I don't trip over them and the attached toy. The new kittens and my older kitties all went nuts for this!

Then I got the bright idea to put it over the doorknob...they loved that too!
I didn't have the flash on for this one but you can vaguely make out the new kittens going after it.

Here's my big kitty Surfboard. At one point he was getting a running start for his attacks!

I'm thinking about making these to sell on eBay. Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions? Lately I've been contemplating the idea of a non-profit agency for kitty rescue and other related kitty needs. This may be the beginning of it I trust your opinions so I thought I'd introduce it to you first. I'm going to let mine try and destroy it before I try selling it to anyone else. That's one thing I hate about kitty toys...they ALWAY get torn up. If I do decide to do this then I might need some additional kitty testers. Anyone interested???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 05:40 AM

i'd be interested in testing this out!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 06:22 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
I often tie One of Dylan's squeaky toys to the wardrobe door if I am in the bedroom doing something and he goes mental with it!

(makes a mental note to get a piccy soon)

I guess it'd be good if kitty chases feet and you wanted them to attack something else other than your feet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 06:28 AM

adavis333, Sign me up!! I think Gaylord would go crazy over one We'll take one!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 08:09 AM

I think you have a good idea there. My 8 year old is constantly tieing things to her ankle and running through the house and the cats go crazy! Then I spend 30 minutes untying the knots to get it off her ankle!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I think its a great idea Addison won't play with anything that isn't moving already so I think I'd just be up for the ankle one, but who knows what he does while I'm away... I'll try out the door knob toy too He likes eating feathers, hehe

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 09:38 AM

That's a great idea!! I have this toy that I'll hold and it drags along behind me, but it gets annoying to hold it. It would be much better if it's attached to my foot!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Cat Addict

I think it's a good idea. I'm for anything that will keep kittens and cats attacking a toy instead of feet.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 10:10 AM

It sounds great! My kitties love moving toys, but waving a wand around gets boring for me pretty quickly. And I know they love doorknob hangers already. Just make sure you don't include bells on the toy! *jingle, jingle*
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

You guys are great! As soon as I have time to make more and perfect it a little better I'll send some out.

Rayona--Why not bells? Noise? Health hazard? Metal object?? This first one does have a bell on it just because that's my kitties' absolute favorite. I can make one special just for you though if the jingle jingle drives you nuts!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page