electra ran out =( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

electra ran out =(

My bf's brother accidently left the window open a bit and Electra must've gotten out through there. She's been gone since this afternoon around 1:30ish and she's nowhere to been seen. We went out looking for her a bit but she must've run off somewhere chasing a fly or something.

anyways i hope she finds her way back. she's been an indoor cat for over 2 yrs now so i'm afraid she's not quite capable of being an outdoor cat.

I'm sooo sad..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 12:59 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope she makes her way home.
Have you checked EVERYWHERE?? Are you sure there is no possible way she is still int he house?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 01:01 AM
MA

I hope your cat comes back soon. Maybe its not too soon to check the shelters? Post flyers in your neighborhood too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

she's not in the house for sure. she'll come to the sound of krinkling paper and she meows like no other cat and she didnt come. i hope she comes back cuz she's hungry since she likes to eat so much... the kitten is lonely too.

it's getting dark now too..
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 01:25 AM

I hate when that happens. Gaylord is very determined about getting out and has been known to escape through windows, doors, etc. It is always SO scary for us. He always finds his way back, but once he was out overnight, ad we were so upset, we didn't go to sleep, we just stayed up all night looking for him. We came back from callig for him and he was sitting on our front porch Little Stinker. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Cool Cat

I would be so paranoid if anyone lived with me and if they ever let one of my cats out God help them! People who don't love our fur babies like we do don't understand how important it is to protect them from getting outside. I'm sure she is not too far away, just exploring the great outdoors.

Please let us know the good news when she returns.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 01:46 AM

I'm so sorry to hear she escaped I'd be worried sick. Surfboard has escaped out the back several times but always runs straight under the house and starts rolling in the dirt He's never gotten any further. We would go nuts if he ran off.

I'm sure you're kitty will be home soon. Is she micro-chipped? If so, any shelter will scan her and contact you. It's really big in Hawaii and the Humane Society micro-chips each adoptee. Next month they're running a special--$5! What a deal. Zoƫ is the only one we didn't get from the Humane Society so we're taking her in next month. Just knowing that a scanner can tell anyone who our babies belong to eases my anxiety about escapes.
If she isn't micro-chip, try posters like MA said. If you have a neighborhood pet store, post a BIG one there. Pet owners will pay more attention and if someone finds your baby and goes to buy her supplies, they'll see the poster.
Keep us posted.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Surfboard has escaped out the back several times but always runs straight under the house and starts rolling in the dirt

That is so weird....Gaylord tends to do the same thing. He will escape out one of the doors (usually right between my legs, with me yelling and him to stay inside) and run to the bottom of our stairs and roll around on his back. It is SO funny. I can usually grab him at this point but one in awhile he runs from me. Then I am in for about an hour of worrying until he comes back
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

ohh thnk goodness we found her..

we went for one last walk around the block and we were almost back home and then we heard a dog barking.. we took a look backwards and all of a sudden we saw Electra run across the street so we lured her back to us with krinkly paper. She absolutely hates to be held so my bf had to hold her down while I ran home to get the kitty carrier. So everything's ok now and I'm soo relieved. She's a little nervous, like looking over her shoulder every time she hears the slightest sound, but she's calming down. and the kitten's glad to see her too. I'm glad we found her before it got dark. She ran across the street without even looking around so if we didnt find her she could've gotten hit by a car.

anyways..i'm glad she's back. thnx everyone for crossing your fingers. we're going to get both the cats chipped just in case either one gets out again.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 02:05 AM

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad she is home You must be SO relieved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page