question about my pregnant cat. UPDATE!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

question about my pregnant cat. UPDATE!!

Hi all..

still no kitties =(

I have no clue how far along she is.. but im guessing shes close. I can make out the size of the kittys now when they bulge out and today i felt one of them nibbling at my finger. My hubby thought i was imagining this but i really did! lol

She is very restless, doesnt move at all only when she needs to get up and go eat or potty.

She was 3 lbs before she got pregnant, and is now 8 lbs.

My question.....

Her belly is tightening up right now every few minutes. Are those contractions? Is it a sign of labor beginning?

I am soo anxious....

Joanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 02:04 AM

Oh goodness! it sounds like she is very close!
Fingers crossed so everything turns out perfectly - post pictures too!
What a sweet thing to have the little baby nibbling on your finger - they are coming your way!
ps make sure you have her spayed after this episode so she doesn't come home with any more surprises ..sweet it is true but you have to look at the other side of the story as well
This will be a wonderful thing to experience
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Im definitly keeping one of the babies.. and have family wanting the rest =)
Having her neutered right after..

Shes beginning to meow a lot now sounding more of a cry....and getting very affectionate..shes sitting on my lap right now.. God i cant wait! lol

I will send pics as soon as she has her litter =)

I was going to send a pic of her with her huge belly but battery is dead in my camera and cant upload them. But i do have a pic of my 2 cats just dont know how to put it in my post.. I will try.. =)

Joanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

oh no did i say i was having her neutered?? lol

well i have no clue where that came from lol..

anyways.. Angel had her kitties today!!! 6 of them.. Looks like she is a proud mommy I am soo happy!!

I will post pics later on tonite

I have a question.. I wanted to put her and the kitties in a box. May i do that now? Will angel attack me? She is normally a very lovable cat. But this is her first litter and dont know what to do or how she will react. I feel they will be more comfortable in the box with a cozy blanket.

Any advice?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 10:34 PM

Wow! Congratulations-how exciting!!!!!!!! I don't have much experience with new mothers, but I think it might be best to leave them where they are, at least for a few days, but I'm not sure...someone else will know

I can't wait to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
Congrats!! can't wait to see pics!!!!

6 little balls of fun!! YAY!

Lots and lots of pics, ok?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to jvan71
Congrats!!! I'm with everyone else...pics pics pics!!!

Oh and I don't know about the picking them up either, I'm sure someone does though!

Jen
owned by:
Spaz, 6 yr old Brown Patch Tabby
Keeter, 11 yr old Maine Coon
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 03:40 AM

This is the experience I had with moving kittens, my only experience but very recent.

I just brought my cat back inside after being kept outside for nearly 5 years. I brought her in because she had kittens. She didn't attack me or anything when I tried to move the kittens (the kittens were about a day or two old) but immediately tried to take them back to where she was when I found her. When she started to leave I gently held her down and petted her and eventually she stayed in the box, and infact has hardly left that box excpet to use the bathroom eat and get some attention from me. If she is where you want to put the box you shouldn't have too much trouble I would think.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 03:51 AM

Me and my mom have delivered cats 5 times and dogs about 10 times, and it seems to be the same with most them, normally when in labor they go searching for places to nest and have there litter normally they start ripping up the carpet where they want to have them once they lay down there they refuse to leave the location till about a week to 2 weeks after and they are tired of feeding them and they start losing there motherly nature. So when they start bedding I recommend you confine them in a location you want them.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 06:54 AM

Congrats!!!! I want to see pictures!!!! I don't know of anything cuter than a bunch of fury little kitten balls!

About moving them, where are they now? She might be more agreeable to you transporting them into a box but in the same location as they are now, rather than putting them in a cozy box and moving them across the house. I've heard that mommy kitties can be pretty set on keeping the kittens where they want them, but it never hurts to try. If you think they'll be safer and more comfortable I'd try it. If she lets you around them now, I would think that if you act in a calm and relaxed manner, paying very close attention to mommy kitty's attitude, then it will be okay. But I'm no expert! Just my helpful thoughts...
Keep us posted on their progress!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page