Are your cats friends with other animals? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Are your cats friends with other animals?

Are your cats friends with other animals?

We have 3 guinea pigs, and our cats get along with them & do not treat them like a potential meal .
Our older cat could care less about "piggy turn out time", but recently, I started allowing Windslow, (the 8 month old cat) into the room with the piggies while they are turned out. Windslow likes to sleep by the piggy cage and even has napped on top of it. One time I had left one of the doors to the cage open by accident and we found Windslow curled up inside their (very large) cage asleep!!
When I left the door open for him to get into the kitchen during turnout time, he acted like one of the piggies!! The guinea pigs are so used to seeing him that they immediately approached him and poked their little noses around in his fur & treated him just like a giant fluffy piggy.

Here are a few pics (the litter pan belongs to the pigges, not the cats - the pigs are litter pan trained.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 12:50 PM

I can't see your pictures - just red x's! oh no.

My kitties don't get along with my bunnies... we've had a few close calls with Jesse, who really wants to eat them. But one of the members here, Ianthe, has several animals who all get along. I'm so jealous of her
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 03:12 PM

My cats get along with my dog. Xander treats our greyhound like she's his mom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 04:02 PM

My kittens love my dogs. It's so cute to watch them groom each other. The adult cats tolerate the dogs.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 04:08 PM

My kitty Frosty grew up with Doodles (pomeranian) and Idella (dacshsund). He is actually very fond of Idella who is very motherly towards any new comer (animal exclusively - she won't be as loving to human from the start unless they give her a lot of sweet talk ). Now Frosty is a little over a year old but they still chase each other through the hallways making fast marching sounds - they are a blast to watch
Not to mention since I love dogs so much I am so proud of my kitties to love them as well. It took Cheerio a year to warm up to the dogs - she is now friends with them too. Nothing could make me happier than seeing her stress free - she is mommy's little girl - very loving and affectionate- melts my heart!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 05:52 PM

Oreo and Angel (both live with my parents) are good buddies, but they don't snuggle or lick each other or anything (the dog has never been very animal-friendly). They chase each other sometimes, and every once in a while the cat will grab her leg and bite her as she drags him around. She doesn't care, just keeps walking until he falls off.

This kitty... well he's not good buddies with my boyfriend's dog yet. Maybe when we arrive at my parents' he'll get along with Oreo better (since she's good with cats - Zeeke's a bit too, uhh, hyper lol).
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 05:56 PM

My kitties have only met other cats and dogs through screens, and they seem to like them a lot. They bat and talk and rub their bodies against the screen. The only animal I know they don't get along with is my neice Emma. She runs after them squealing and jumping -- so you can imagine how that makes them feel. When she's coming over, I make sure I give them good hiding spots, and warn them. "Run kitties run!"
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catobsessed4
I can't see your pictures - just red x's! oh no.

My kitties don't get along with my bunnies... we've had a few close calls with Jesse, who really wants to eat them. But one of the members here, Ianthe, has several animals who all get along. I'm so jealous of her
That would be me!!!!!!! I am VERRRRRY lucky, in this department! I have 1 dog, 2 cats, and a rabbit, and they are all the BEST of friends The cats will even wait by the rabbit cage and cry until I let her out, and they also groom her

Here is my proof:

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 03:07 PM

How beautiful ! Love your pictures each time I see them, Ianthe!
I see Boris in the corner too..any news of him lately?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 03:20 PM

Ianthe! That is sooo cute!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page