Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Simpsonville, SC
I just started working in a vet's office and finally realized just why cat bites are so dangerous. I thought there was something in the saliva that could be kind of "poisonous" to humans or something. Turns out, the bites just puncture deeply and close up quickly, trapping the bacteria inside. So if its been a while, I don't know how much help topical medication will be. Keep an eye on it and call the doctor if you have ANY worries.
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."