More Cuddles Than This?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

More Cuddles Than This??

We were wondering if it's true that male kittens are more affectionate after they've been altered. Skeeter's already quite cuddly, but does have his crazy streak about mid-afternoon and 10:00 every day. Would this behaviour settle down after his operation? We don't want him to stop playing with us (fetch and chase and hunting), so I hope that doesn't change too much. Is there any typical post-alteration male behaviour?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Senior Cat

All I know is how my Dusty was affected by his little operation... He is the most affectionate kitty and his playfulness/craziness was not at all affected by being altered. Even now, at 4 years of age, he still acts like a silly little kitten!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Senior Cat

Cleveland was always a smoochie cat but his playfulness hasn't altered. In fact I'd say he plays more now. Or maybe you just notice 11 pounds of fur plopping onto you from a high place more than a kitten!

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
Tierney didn't change at all.. And i hoping Teagan wont either.

I think i heard somewhere if you get them fixed before they hit sexual maturity they don't change as much, or at all.. please please please correct me if i am wrong.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 03:05 PM

Maleke didn't change at all. We adopted Magic already neutered, so I don't know if he changed, though I doubt it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks for your replies! I feel better now about the operation. We are certainly going to get it done before he reaches sexual maturity...I don't want him to get his secondary sexual characteristics. I want him to stay cute and cuddly! He'll be 5 months next month and that's when we plan to take him in. It sounds like you all have some great kitties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page