What do you guys think is a good cat toy for me to buy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

What do you guys think is a good cat toy for me to buy

hey guys...just wanted to know what your opinions are for a good cat toy....i have bought cat toys and he has just worn them out and neeeds new ones...i was looking at petcos website and saw a couple....what do you guys think

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 01:44 PM

people say "da bird" is awesome, but I forgot where to get it...
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

ya i've seen posts about that toy too...too bad it's not at the stores near by me

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Google it! I'm sure you can get it at Petsmart! I'm thinking about getting it too.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 03:12 PM

I would definitely recommend "da bird". The "fishing pole" toys are a great substitute, but "da bird" is much better - my kitties like it cause it twirls really nice, the feathers look realistic, and it's got really good hang/glide time, which really gets them interested. The only places I could find it was online, and I bought directly from go-cats.

I've bought every single possible toy out there, and none go over too well. I'm the only one that gets excited. Won't stop me from buying tons more toys, though. They've gotten bored with the panic mouse, and the laser light, and anything not moving. Ginza still loves his foam balls, though.

You mentioned that he's worn out his existing ones, maybe just buying the same ones again to replace them? It's great when you find something they like and aren't bored with in 2 secs.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 03:31 PM

I found this link:

http://www.thecatconnection.com/miva/me ... e=TYS-0649

I'll probably get it since I can't find it in my neighborhood petsmart.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 05:19 PM

My cats favorite thing to play with is peacock feathers. I find them in the floral depatment of the supermarket. They really go nuts over those!!!

They also like the laser light thingy.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 05:59 PM

eep

you need a few feathers found about the yard, a rubber band and a piece of string. i have doves all over the place here and their always dropping wing feathers. rubber band em together to the string and you have a yummy bird smellin toy, cheap. well i suppose it does i dont smell em but the cats love em. it brings out the instinct in them.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

good ideas ....ya my cats fav toy was the white little mouse i got from petco its ripped apart and he still plays with it ...i got a new one and this one was gray and he doesnt play with it! he keeps playing with the other one...he ate the tail opened it up and still carries it around in his mouth

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 06:54 PM

I would recommend da bird if you have a lot of space to use. I "thought" my living room was big, until I started playing with this toy. Jack and Mia like to FLY through the air after this toy, and Jack ran into the coffee table twice in one night, then I decided to put it away. If you have LEAPING cats, make sure you have a lot of room.

I also recommend the cat dancer. It's so cheap and simple, but for some reason my cats just go crazy for it.

My cats also play with those little furry mice that you can open up (velcro) and put little catnip bags in. They love those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page