I want another cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

I want another cat

I think almost everyone on this forum will say "No duh!" when I say I want another cat.

I'm hopefully starting a job the week after next - so I'll be working... thank goodness. So wish me luck - I'm going to talk to the manager bright and early tomorrow. So I will have pleanty of money to buy another baby boy.

Why do I want one now? I just want a playmate for Halifax - not to mention I wanted another cat - but I wanted him and Halifax to bond before he is too my older - and gets used to being "the only cat". I'm glad we waited - because it gave us time to get used to him - take care of his needs - multiple vet visits - shots - worming - neautering and everything else. But right now - I want to get another cat for Hali to play with.

I also want to get another right now because I am still at home - and if an emergency pops up - I can take care of it easy. Also - it would be nice to potty train him at this house (the one we are leaving and never comming back to again) rather than a perminent house where my father would spaz if the cat rubbed his butt on the floor.

All around - I just want to have another kitty. They are so sweet - I would love it if Halifax could have someone to play with him - since he is always stuck in my little room all day unless I am home to watch over him - and keep him away from Tigger.

I'm going to start saving soon - for his adoption fee - neautering - shots and everything else. I guess I need to ask my parents if I can get another... yippy. Also - he'll have to be born... or appear at the local shelter... wish me luck!

I'm looking for a male seal point himmie - if you see any around - let me know. And yes - I'll give a look at petfinder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 01:25 AM

Well, I can't say nothing... I've 6 cats of my own. Good luck with the job and good luck finding the right little boy.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 11:37 AM

I got number 4 in March and seen a kitten at the animal shelter that I am dying to get, but the boyf says no (being that it was his choice to get the first 3 cats).

I found our cats get along better in pairs as they have someone to play with - especially when we are out working all day - means they play instead of just sleeping and we can sleep at night now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 07:59 PM

Good luck Gabriella, hope you'll find him soon!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 01:35 AM

I so want one too. Same reasons as you. I think it'd be cool for Taby to have a playmate around, and even if he doesn't care, I just want another one! Don't know if I'll have the guts to ask my dad. I think asking for another one would be pushing it.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 04:44 AM

ooh..
i'd deliberated over a second cat for months, and now that I have another one, I don't know why i hesitated! Polo is so much happier with Lorren around, though he still comes to sleep on my lap always everyone thought i was crazy, but two cats actually eases the attention you have to give to one. not that u don't have to look after them, but at least when i'm away for the whole day, i know they have each other.
GO FOR TWO!! (or more)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Senior Cat

I have also been thinking recently that I would love to get a second cat... However, Dusty has never had another animal in his house all of his 4 years and I'm not sure how he would take to it. If only I knew he would take to a new kitten the way Tierney took to Teagan!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Cool Cat

I'd love to have a second cat...but given Assumpta's reaction to just the smell of another cat, it just doesn't seem like it's in the cards. It's a little depressing, because there is an unwell very-senior kitty at the shelter that's just literally dying of sadness, and for some reason she's developed a liking for me (the other day, she actually climbed up the side of her cage to get my attention...this from a cat who spends most of her time staring into the corner of her cage with her back to the world). The shelter director asked me if I could possibly take her in, so I brought her smell home on a towel and Assumpta tried to shred the towel

But yeah, I totally get wanting another cat...I will probably have a multi-cat household after Assumpta, but she was the cat who came along and needed help back when I wasn't even looking for a cat, so she will just be the queen of the house for as long as she lives...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 10:59 AM

Mmm-mmm. I really don't know about getting a second cat. I would love it though; when I got Madam my idea was getting another later on. By now Madam is spoiled rotten (I think) or rather she was a very shy cat when I picked her up from the shelter and now is confident that she owns us and the house. She's impervious to other cats though, except for a neighbors kitten that tries to play when she's resting on the porch, but that's natural, he's a pesky bundle of energy to a 5 yr old lady So I might get another one I think..I hope ..
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Senior Cat

I'd have a zoo if I had my way Afetr a long hard think I'm going to get another kitty then when I move into a bigger place..........

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page