DO cats beome more agresive as they get older - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

DO cats beome more agresive as they get older

i dont want my cat to be overly agressive, but hes only 7 months. when he goes near the older cats in the area, he seems to try and be friendly with them and all they do is hiss at him. my cat kitten just seems to run off, will he be like that when hes older or will he try fighting back. he seems to be agressive wen i play with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Cat Addict

Don't play rough with him, especially with bare hands. If you do, he will learn that biting is fine, and he will learn to be aggressive with you.

As the newcomer in the area, he is a threat to the other cats and of course they will defend their territory. You might want to keep him indoors to prevent serious injuries later. If he isn't neutered, he will likely start to fight with them very soon.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

Jean Hofve, DVM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boulder, Colorado
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

thanks drjean, i heard alot about you on this forum, i had to cancel my cancel my appointment for my cat to get neuteured.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 09:12 PM

Well... I don't think there's any canned answer. A male cat will most likely try fighting other cats when he reaches adulthood, to establish his territory. I know my parents' first cat went through years of catfights (though he was rarely ever touched, I think it was a lot of sound going on, not much substance) - and he was neutered at 6 months. Their other cat, also neutered at the same age, however, has never gotten into any fights that we know of - he's the biggest scardy-cat. He's afraid of everything, and is much more likely to come running in the house if another cat's around.

Errr, that didn't help much, did it. Sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page