Requesting Help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Requesting Help

Normally I ignore popup ads, but today I saw one for the Friskies Shelter Renovation project and I thought i'd take a look. I hate their cat food but love their renovation plans for a New York Shelter. http://www.friskies.com/living/makeover.aspx the "main room" is what really got me to thinking. It would be REALLY cool to do somthing like that in one of my spare bedrooms when I get my house. So since one great idea deserves another I thought we could all brainstorm here.

The theme is "Wild Jungle". The catch is everything has to be made from inexpensive things that can be put together with minimal of work and must be able to be removed from the house without leaving permanent damage. The "Main Room" link gives lots of ideas, so be sure to check it out. Any and all ideas are welcome, from cat trees that actually look like jungle trees with vines hanging off them to litter box covers that look like caves or rocks even.

I figured everyone could get involved and some of you might even be inspired to do one of these rooms yourself. Or even just take one of the ideas and somehow integrate it into your homes. The design will be floor to ceiling so think outside the box =)

List of things I would like to see some ideas for:

Cat trees
Litter pan covers
Creative food dishes/food areas(preferably elevated)
Cat beds
Cat walks(ledges and things that the cats can climb on/walk across)
Floor coverings (even if its just a large vinyl mat painted to look like a jungle floor)
Toy box
Or anything else you can come up with.

You can use commercially bought items and add onto them. But still try and keep the cost down. for instance one of my ideas is taking the floor to cieling cat tree from Wal-Mart that sells for $30 and recovering the entire thing in brown, then using large fake palm fronds and fanning them out under each ledge and at the top to make it resemble a palm tree. Maybe hot glueing some fake coconuts under the base of the fronds.

Anyways thank you in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 09:09 PM

I might have some ideas for you later. When Joey and I get back to my parents' house I'm planning on turning one of the closets into a big cat-tree jungle area for him. As I'm a college student it all has to be really cheap - but my dad usually has plywood and carpet and stuff laying around that I can snatch up. I'd be really interested in hearing ideas!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 09:32 PM

I love the idea - wish I had a complete extra room to make my kitties own...

Whatever you do, make sure you have a lot of toys hanging from strings in there... Flying bugs and birds - no jungle should be without
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page