Cat at a local florist - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Cat at a local florist

I just saw an article in the newspaper about a local florist that had a resident cat that just passed away at the age of 20. It went on to tell how the cat ended up there, and it was at the florist nearly all its life.

It was a nice story but what really got me angry is that the florist had been broken into twice over the last many years and both times the robbers attacked the cat and beat it. WHY DO THESE SOBs FIND THIS NECESSARY??? Steal what you came to steal and leave! Why would they be willing to risk getting caught by spending any more time there than necessary? It was good to hear that the cat survived both attacks but stuff like this just makes my blood boil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 02:29 AM

First of all why would the owner keep the cat there after the cat was beaten..wouldn't he learn!? And, why would he mention that in the cat's obituary..makes you feel so sad for the kitty - like it had a miserable life, not a happy one living at the florist shop.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I wouldn't consider the article an obituary. It was just a story that the paper chose to print about the cat's life at the florist. It sounded like the cat was happy there with plenty of space to roam, and it did live a long life despite the 2 incidents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Cool Cat

Sadly, occurances like this that have media coverage help (or hinder?) the shelters due to quilt. There were a couple kids who tried to hang a cat in Nova Scotia last year, and who were stopped by another brave kid. The cat survived and was adobted, and propted others to go in and adobt a bunch (whether they were kept by those owners or not I don't know). Even more scarey is that a year before, the same kid who tried to hang that cat DE-RAILLED a train a year before that.

Obviously if these people are caught they're not fit of mind. It should be incentive for the jury to give them more jail-time.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Senior Cat

Maybe I am a little extreme in these cases but I often feel if they can do that to an animal, they are perfectly capable of doing it to a human therefore it should be treated like an attack on a human. In fact, I find it worse because and animal won't have the ability to call for help etc, can't really fight back (then again tell tell that to my cat when you try to take his mouse away!) and will not have provoked a person e.g verbal insults.

I watched an advert on TV the other day for the RSPCA (UK animal society) showing a beautiful little kitten lying on a table, voiceover asking what it should be dreaming. It had been killed at 8 weeks old, thrown against the wall by its 'owner' becasue he was in a foul mood. I couldn't help but cry. These people are twisted.

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Senior Cat

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty
I watched an advert on TV the other day for the RSPCA (UK animal society) showing a beautiful little kitten lying on a table, voiceover asking what it should be dreaming. It had been killed at 8 weeks old, thrown against the wall by its 'owner' becasue he was in a foul mood. I couldn't help but cry. These people are twisted.
I had no problem with your rant, Misty. I think many of us agree with you wholeheartedly.
This made me cry too, some people are just sick. Poor kitten. You just hope the idiot never even gets another pet.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 08:34 PM

What makes me mad is how many people abuse/neglect animals, and most of them get off with only a misdemeanor

In my opinion, the murder of a human is just the same as the murder of a cat.

Abhay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page