what games do cats play with each other - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

what games do cats play with each other

what cats do cats play ith each other apart from wrestling. is hissing actually a game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Cool Cat

Hissing is actually a form of verbal communication, usually something akin to "Hey!" or "Watch it!" Cats have a wonderful vocal range.

Inter-cat games are usually more or less made up on the spot, a lot of "Let's-see-if-I-can-catch-my-brother's-tail," chasing each other around, wrestling, and sometimes playing with a toy together.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Cool Cat

I'm confused by this too. Julia is aggrivated by Moby, and Moby tries to play all the time (ending in Julia hissing at him). But sometimes after he leaves she chases right after him (and it ends with her running away hissing).

Is she trying to play or just trying to get back at him when he's not looking?

By all the time I don't mean it's constant, or harming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean
I'm confused by this too. Julia is aggrivated by Moby, and Moby tries to play all the time (ending in Julia hissing at him). But sometimes after he leaves she chases right after him (and it ends with her running away hissing).
I read that personailties differ a great deal between male and female cats as they grow. While they may play together as kittens, as they mature, the male cat will still want to "rough house" while the female may be more stand-off-ish. If you want your cats to play together well as adults, they should usually both be about the same age and the same gender. That your cats aren't playing well together may be attributed to this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 10:36 PM

My cats fuss and chase each other a lot. They can amuse themselves very easily. LoL
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
The kittens are starting to play-attack each other: stalking, pouncing, jumping, running. All this on very unsteady legs. It's hilarious! Scully tries playing with them, but she does her best to be very gentle. You can tell she wants someone to roughhouse with...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page