Wow - maybe getting a new kitty! Maybe adopting
We took Halifax to the vet (hopefully) for the last time this year - until rabies shots next year. Brad and I found out that the vet actually keeps animals found around town - shots - worming the whole nine yards. Pretty much they have a price tag for about $90 for them - since they don't want people to get them for free - then toss them out again - especially with people who have went through a lot of pets.
I guess since we have taken Hali to all his shots - gave him good food - neautered him and decided to keep his claws - the vet said that we could have a new kitten for free! Wow! There are two right now... one looks like a Bronze Egyptian Mau - short hair - and the other is a medium hair - he kind of has a cow pattern.
The cow baby (I don't know why... but that label just seemed to stick out at me) was very nice - didn't like to be held too much - but he was ok. The Bronze kitty hissed at us the entire time - he was very cute - but very strange. I liked the cow more. They were so small - only 7 weeks old... and they looked like... well... maybe 4-5 weeks old? I dunno - maybe it's just because I've had big kitties. They were so small! SMALL! Cute though.
Here is my problem though - should I get this particular one? Isn't this almost like a impulse kind of thing? I know I wanted one - but this is sort of spur of the moment. This would definitly save money (like... around $300) - but I wan't expecting to get a cat for at least 12-14+ weeks or so. After just paying for Hali's stuff - I kinda wanted a break from all the vet visits and the stress of moving him around. Also - after having to house train and work with him - I kinda want a break from that too. I DO want another cat - and this IS a chance to help a baby in need - but I just don't know. If I did get it - I would definitly keep him forever - unless he was just nutzo to the max even after all of my love, attention and training. So confused!