Milk - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Milk

Is my cat the only one that loves milk, every time i get the milk out for any reason, he will hop up on my table and stare at me and bug me until i give him some milk, and if i dont... then he gets mad and pretty much starts biging at me, not hurting bites, more like play bites, but they still do hurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Cat Addict

Sabby's crazy about milk, too. When I'm finished I usually stick my finger in the milk and let him lick it off, but that's all he gets.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 09:51 AM

Isn't cow's milk really really bad for cats?

Thankfully, Kiera loves to smell, but shows NO interest in actually eating any human food...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Cool Cat

Most cats would like to drink the milk that we drink, but most of our milk-products give many cats digestive upsets as many aren't able to digest our dairy. If your baby isn't having upset stomach or anything, don't worry. But every cat is different and may be unable to digest (or allergic, if you will) to our dairy products. I don't want to take any chances with Skeeter, so, like Annissa, a finger lick's worth is all he gets of any dairy... even though he tries his best to sneak more!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 03:15 PM

Yup. Most cats are lactose intolerant, so I just avoid such products all together. A lot of humans are lactose intolerant too! And if your one of them, some of you can know how painfull and unpleasent this can be.
I'd rather not put my kitties through that. Just incase.
There are so many other num nums out there!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 10:38 PM

My cats don't get milk. I don't want to risk upsetting their stomachs and they are happy with their water. They get tuna juce at times also.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:24 AM
Cat Addict

Yep, it's very unnatural to drink the milk of another species, hence why so many humans are lactose intolerent to cow's milk. I'm lactose intolorent so I drink soy milk.. the cats love it, but I only let them have a lick or two and not very often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page