Whiskers falling out?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Whiskers falling out??

Hi there! Just a quick wondering....
is it normal to find your cat's whiskers on the floor sometimes?? I found two of Andie's whiskers on the floor this week alone! And they are long, like actually one entire long whisker. Very interesting to feel and all, but it just seems that I find them somewhat often. Meanwhile, I have had dogs all my life as well and never found their whiskers anywhere. Andie though, has VERY VERY long, stiff whiskers. SO CUTE. Anyways... just wondering if this is common!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Cat Addict

I always assumed that this was normal, but I never asked anyone before. But Kitty's whiskers fall out periodically, but she never looks like their missing, so I kind of assumed it was like the nails I find around the house (her back nails), just a natural phenomenon.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Cool Cat

I used to find my last cat's whiskers once in a while, but she was indoor/outdoor, so I'm sure I only found a few of them. Skeeter is an indoor only kitten who we've had for about 2 months and I've already found one of his little whiskers. So, I wouldn't worry about it unless is seems that your baby's losing a lot of them during a short period of time. It's completely natural. I actually collect them and keep them in a baggie. I know...how strange. I don't know why I do it...but I've done it since I was a kid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I found this at the pet peoples place:
Quote:
It is not too unusual for cats to lose a few whiskers now and again, especially in times when they are rundown or in , but prolonged or frequent loss of whiskers can be an early indication of general ill health. Watch out for other symptoms such as discharge from the eyes, ears or anus, hair-loss, brittle nails or bad breath. If she continues to lose whiskers or has any other of the symptoms listed please consider taking your cat to the vet for a full examination.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page