Andie wont sleep with me! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Andie wont sleep with me!

OK, so I posted about losing whiskers... thanks for your input. NOW, I have another question. Andie used to always sleep with me, 96% of the time.... even if it was just for a few hours during the night. But it seems that once summer rolled around and I put the air conditioning in my room, she wont sleep with me. She seems to spend most of the night in the living room, sleeping on the floor, or sometimes right underneath my ceiling fan and near the night light. I am guessing maybe she doesnt like the A/C. But I am hoping she will go back to normal. I would assume maybe when it gets colder and she wants the warmth she will come back to sleep with me. But does anyone else notice their cats changing their moods about where they wanna sleep when the weather changes??

I miss having her in the bed. Call me crazy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 12:20 AM

I find that since it has gotten colder again (I live in Canada, so winter's coming already ), the cats sleep on the bed more. When it was really hot, only Levi slept on the bed. Now Levi and Cleo are pretty consistent about sleeping with me. I just have to wait for 0 degree C weather for Lucas to hop back up on the bed .
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 02:54 AM
Cat Addict

She'll probably change back at some point, maybe when the weather changes.

My cats, I *wish* they'd stay off me when it's hot, but they don't seem to care. Sundance even sleeps under the covers in boiling weather!

Depending on her age, too, hormones could be part of the picture. Is she spayed yet?

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

Jean Hofve, DVM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boulder, Colorado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 05:30 AM

My cats don't sleep with me nearly as much as they used to either. When they were kittens they always slept with me, especially Knievel. Now, if they do sleep in the bed, it's normally off to the side rather than cuddling with me. I miss the days of waking up to a cat against me. When Knievel was a kitten, he would even sleep by my face. I remember thinking that he thought of me as a giant, weird looking cat because he often slept stretch across my neck the way he often slept with Zoltan.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Depending on her age, too, hormones could be part of the picture. Is she spayed yet?

Andie is 5 years old, and yes she is spayed. I think I got her spayed when she was around 6 months old or so.

I miss the days of waking up to a cat against me.

Andie doesnt really sleep on me either, like some cats do, but I know what you mean, she always had to be leaning on me somewhere. She was usually down at the foot of the bed. Throughou this summer, she has gotten on the bed a few times, spent about 10 minutes kneading the blankets (and my leg!) and then she lays down. Five minutes later, she hops off and goes out into the living room or into my closet (she likes sneaking into a box where I keep some Christmas decorations... haha. The skirt for the tree is on top of all the decorations.... and its safe to say, its covered in her hair now!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page