Cat Baths - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Cat Baths

How often do you bathe a cat? I was reading other threads and it seems a regular occurance. My kitty is totallly indoors and only gets a wash if he gets himself into something. That tends to be with a wash cloth (he has his own with his name on it ) He doesn't smell catty but should I be bathing him regularly? He will come into the shower with me every now and again so is that ok?

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 09:05 AM

I'm not sure if there is a set "cat bathing schedule" you should go by unless your specific cat has coat/skin needs that need to be met.
I think how often you bathe your cat is going to be an individual thing. It sounds like you have a bathing system down that works well for you.

My older, short haired orange tabby cat very seldom gets a bath, which is good cuz he HATES baths. I tend to just "wipe" him, similarly to what it sounds you do.
My 10 month old doll-faced persian gets an in-the-sink, sopping wet full fledged bath every 3 months or so, cuz his very long (7 inch long) fur tends to get into something about that frequently, plus it removes excess dead hair/oil from his fur. Luckily Windslow doesn't get rattled by baths.
Both of my cats are indoor cats too, by the way.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 09:07 AM

OH, I meant to comment that it is SO neat your cat gets into the shower with you every so often!! How neat! He must really want to be with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Its funny this came up, because out of the blue I decided to bathe Addison last night. No real reason, but he hasn't had one for a few months and I figured it wouldn't hurt. He doesn't like it, but won't put up too much of a fight... just cries and cries.

He's so soft now! I mean he was soft before, but now he's just soooo soft and shiny I may start doing it more often now. Poor thing!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 12:02 PM

I don't bathe mine unless they're nasty for some reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page