Rescued kitten at work! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Rescued kitten at work!

Yesterday I spotted a little kitten hiding under a bush outside one of the buildings at the University where I work. I wondered where on earth it could have come from - there are no houses nearby and the students are still on summer break so there was no one in the student residences. There was no sign of a mother or any other kittens around.
Well, as I was pondering this some other women arrive and started fussing over it. I was late for a meeting anyway, so I just left them to it.

But I started thinking about it when I got home, and wondering if I should have followed this up in some way. This morning I told my 2 co-workers. They went over straight away to see if they could find the kitten.

I had another off-site meeting to go to. By the time I got back, I was amazed and delighted to see the kitten in our office under one of the desks! They had found it still among the bushes on its own and brought it back to the office.

As luck would have it, the University is organising a collection of food and equipment for a local animal shelter, so my colleagues managed to get some kitten food and a pet carrier from the collection point. So they fed the kitten and one of them is going to take it home tonight!

Theyare both out at lunch now, and I am 'kitten sitting'. Its a beautiful long haired tuxedo kitty, about 6 or 7 weeks old. Its crouching under the desk still - I am resisting the urge to crawl under the desk and pull it out for a cuddle - I don't want to scare it. But it is *so* cute. I can't believe it is just here under the desk!

We've put down the lid of a box with some shredded paper in it - but kitty probably doesn't realise that is supposed to be a litter tray. So I hope it doesn't poo on the carpet or we may be in trouble

Just had to share this, its so exiting.

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 09:31 AM

Awww! I'm glad that that baby kitty has a brand new, loving home to go to! The kitten will probably be very happy and grateful. Here is to finding a home for a homeless kitty in need. Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page