whining cat ..advice? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

whining cat ..advice?

hey guys....sometimes i take m cat outside with a leash on and he just sits there on the gorund or flips around on the ground...but besides that he is an indoor cat...and he'll sometimes start whining when we are by the door...i think he thinks this is an all the time thinbg which i dont want him getting used too...hes perfectly fine indoors though...plays a lot and everything...he just wants gto go outside andflip on the ground i guess... do you guys have this problem with your indoor cats? he does look outside though throguh the balcony and stuff... is thee anytihng i should do or is this normal?

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Cat Addict

I'm afraid you may have created a monster! Once cats get a taste of the outdoors, they often want to be out all the time. Better, perhaps, never to let them out at all, so they don't know what they're missing.

Be very careful with him, since he has the potential to become a door-runner! Might want to have him microchipped just in case he gets loose.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

Jean Hofve, DVM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boulder, Colorado
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

ahhh! ...thanks..im not ognna let him out anymore...he can look outside through either of our balcony doors which he halways has done ....its weird though because the last time i took him outside he got scared of something and ran all the way to our door and inside ...we have other tenants so he kept passing bytheir doors until he reached ours and sotpped to go inside .. thanks for the advice

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Cool Cat

I think that once he realizes that you won't let him out anymore he will eventually stop the whining. I may just take a while for it to set in.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 12:28 AM

That's all my Peekaboo wanted to do was roll around on the pavement. Now he waits for the slider to open and bolts. Wish I hadn't taken him outside. Now the new kitten runs the other way. Yay. No more leashes and outdoor jaunts for her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page