Do your cats make you feel guilty? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Do your cats make you feel guilty?

Do your cats ever make you feel guilty? This afternoon, mine was staring at me from inside while I was playing out in the yard with the dog....I took the dog right in that second and cuddled and told my cat what a awesome boy he is! GOSH that look on his face!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Cool Cat

I go out and water the garden every evening. And, since Skeeter has recently had a taste of the outdoors (the little stinker!), he'll sit there in the window and just watch me with those big green eyes. Then when I look at him, he'll meow and look all pathetic. Geez!
We also are in and out a lot during the week because Jim and I are both students, so whenever we leave, we pull round to the front door in our cars, roll down our window and wave to Skeeter, because he sits in the window and watches us leave. It breaks my heart EVERY TIME! I thought it would get easier, but it doesn't. Poor little guy!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels guilty! That makes us good parents though, right?!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 10:32 PM

I sometimes have a hard time going between my dog and cat. She was my first baby and always will be, but he is SO demanding of attention. she can be pretty independent so I usually don't have to worry too much, but when she is in the mood for love, the dog gets jealous too and demands attention. I am going right now to give her some more attention (the cat)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 10:16 AM

I remember right after I brought home Callie, when I went away for my first overnight business trip, I felt soooooo guilty for leaving him home alone. I felt like crying the whole time I was gone. Well, I couldn't handle another guilt trip (pun intended) like that again so Bailey came home soon after.

Now, whenever they try a guilt trip on me I think back to the night when I opened a can of Wellness for them and Spagettios for me.

katsprat
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 10:34 AM

In a word - YES! If they aren't fed on time, if I can't play with them right then, if I'm leaving the house.............
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 04:22 PM

my cats a house cat and therefore doesnt venture much out of house. so im thinking im her main source of entertainment and unfortunately some nights when i come home from work im not in the mood and she MAKES ME FEEL GUILTY
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Cool Cat

Does your cat make you feel guilty

He tries to, but it doesn't work
If he's demading extra food, after he's tried the loud meowing he'll sit staring sadly at his empty bowl. I'm sure he's trying to make us think he's a poor half-starved creature. But we don't fall for it

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page