Right of Passage - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Right of Passage

Tomorrow is the big day...Skeeter's "big boy operation." I know there have probably been countless posts about nervous parents taking their kitties in for the operations, but I'm still nervous. I know everything's going to be fine, though. We are dropping him off b/t 7:30 and 8:30 tomorrow morning. He is going to have the laser surgery done so he can come home that afternoon. (I wonder if there are stitches with laser surgery??) And we can pick him up b/t 4:30 and 5:30 that evening. We're going to give him some extra special play time tonight and extra cuddle time too. I hate the thought of leaving him all day. I have an important meeting in the early afternoon, too, and I'm going to be so distracted. But, it's the best thing for him. And I only want the best for Skeeter. So, I will put my fears/nervousness/sadness/protectiveness aside for a few hours and just send him loving thoughts and mental kisses. He can't have anything to eat after 8 pm tonight. (Does that mean he can't drink either??) So, he's going to be one upset boy in the morning!!
Please think of us and send Skeeter happy thoughts tomorrow. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 07:49 PM

awwww!!!! best of luck with everything *hugs and kisses for skeeter* I bet everything will be just fine he'll be happy with all the extra lovin'!

Both of ya take great care!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 08:27 PM

Simon, Soot, & Smudge send good wishes to Skeeter. They just got fixed this past Tuesday and they are doing fine. They were back to their old selves in no time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thank you both for the encouragement. I know it's a common procedure, but it's still hard on the individual parent(s). We all need that little bit of encouragement. We dropped Skeeter off this morning. Of course, I cried a bit. Jim and I both hate that we can't be with him. Luckily, though, I have plenty to keep me busy today. I'll get some house cleaning done, go to work, go to my meeting, then we'll pick Skeeter up this evening. I'll let you know how he does when we get him home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page