Big Fat Cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Big Fat Cat

Yesterday a lady came into the pet store I work at. She bought an ENORMOUS bag of Science Diet Light (grrrrr). We got to talking about our cats, and I found out that this huge bag was for ONE cat. I asked how much it weighed.....she told me 27 pounds!!!!!!!!! That is one HUGE cat. I cant' believe I was worrying about the weight of my little 9 pounders! How does someone's cat get that big?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Cat Addict

My cat Floyd topped out at 32lbs before he became diabetic, prescription food and insulin shots he dropped 15lbs easy. I'm not sure what he weighed in at when he passed away.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:52 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
And that poor, big baby isn't going to get any lighter in that diet Don't you wish you could educate people sometimes? I was in Blue Seal, picking up some Oxbow for the bunnies, and raw food for the kitties, and there was this family getting some things for their cat. While the dad is looking for a flea collar (not ideal, but whatever), the kids -three, between the ages of 3 and 10- are opening the rabbit's cages and pulling them out.

First, I felt like telling them to leave the rabbits the heck alone, most don't like to be held. And these poor buns didn't look a day over 5 weeks. Then they were talking about wanting a bunny, and their dad's like 'no, I just got you a cat', and they go back and forth (I swear I heard him say something like, "I got the cat, I can get rid of it if I want." ) I felt like interjecting and saying that a bunny needs just as much care as a cat, and will be around for the next 10 or so years, but thankfully I don't think they plan on getting one. I've seen that play out so many times in so many different pet stores, it makes me want to scream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 09:39 AM

I worry sometimes because Stephen is 18 pounds, but she's healthy and not overweight - just a very tall and muscular cat.

But 27 pounds is ridiculous. That has nothing to do with bone structure. That's abuse.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Cool Cat

Moby weights high teens, low 20's. He's a large cat in general, but he's a bit overweight as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page