Updated! Reply from Wellness! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Updated! Reply from Wellness!

I've been feeding my cats dog food for 2 weeks...Because I am a complete dope. Last time I went to the pet store, I bought a bag of Wellness dog food and a bag of Wellness cat food. I opened the cat food (so I thought) right away and mixed it with the little bit of Nutro the cats had left. I was suprised how big the pieces were... And was also annoyed that the cats didn't like it...

So last night I go to open the dog's Wellness....and realize it is cat food! You can imagine how annoyed I was!

So of course I gave that to the cats....you should have seen the relief on their faces!!! And I now have about 5 pounds of mixed Nutro cat food and Wellness dog food that I suppose the local possums might enjoy...

Edit: If I send Wellness a whiny e-mail asking them to please put a picture of a dog and cat on the respective food bags, do you think I would get a free coupon? Or just be the laughingstock of the Wellness office?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 10:16 AM

If it were me, I would throw a fit and say that one of my cats may have become sick eating the dog food...and I want a free bag NOW

Take Care,
Abhay
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Cat Addict

Kristi, I'm so sorry, but your story did make me giggle.

I think you should write to Wellness teling them your story and asking at the end for them to put pictures on the bag. They just might send a coupon. And if it's written humorously and they laugh, then they're laughing with you and not at you..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 12:11 PM

LOL..you should get a free coupon

I've people here that feeds cats dog food..on purpose they are barn cats but still..and they wouldn't listen to reason. Your story is a breath of fresh air
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalie
LOL..you should get a free coupon

I've people here that feeds cats dog food..on purpose they are barn cats but still..and they wouldn't listen to reason. Your story is a breath of fresh air
My "step-grandmother" (for lack of a better name) feeds the barn cats wet dog food i took some REAL cat food out there(cuz my kitty didn't like it ) all of them came over and gobbled it up and after, they actuall let me pet them, most of them are pretty much feral and avoid you at all costs it just goes to show they would really prefer real kitty food!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Premier Cat

I thought maybe the cats were getting into Willow's food when I read the title. I thought, that's weird, I didn't think cats usually liked dog food.
I would try for a coupon, what the heck.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Cool Cat

If it makes you feel any better, I've almost bought Wellness dog food for Assumpta on a couple of occasions...it can be really hard to tell the bags apart if you're in a hurry, so I make sure to double-check now (I help myself out by only buying the very smallest bags and chanting to myself "Blue bag, blue bag, blue bag"). It doesn't help that their dog food (at least the senior food) is about the same size as, say, Hill's SciDiet Hairball for Cats, so I can see where it would be easy to make this mistake. Though I rather like the design of the packaging, it's NOT always easy to tell which is which at a glance.

OTOH, I am so cheap that I would be sitting at the coffee table separating the dog food from the cat food by hand while watching TV some night.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:48 PM

..that's what I thought too, actually I've seen them give it a try, lick, lick but that's about it..
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:54 PM

**separating the dog food from the cat food by hand..**

LOL, I do something similar but not with dog food, the broken from the whole pieces; Madam only eats whole catfood pieces ..I take the crumbs to the ferals. Sorry for being OT but your separating the crunchies reminded me
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
OTOH, I am so cheap that I would be sitting at the coffee table separating the dog food from the cat food by hand while watching TV some night.
LOL, How did you guess what I've been doing for the past 15 minutes?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page