Ah! Hey! *ouch!* No! Stop it - no! That's it...! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Ah! Hey! *ouch!* No! Stop it - no! That's it...!

Yeah, so the kittens are really enjoying their newfound ability to climb. Which is fine - if you're wearing Kevlar. Otherwise, their little needle-like claws jab right into your flesh: not at all a pleasent experience.

So I'm sitting here at my desk and all four kittens decide to climb Mt. Mommy'sKnee. I refrained from leaping out of my chair, simply by virtue of the fact that they were all attached. Well, I'd had enough of this...

I got the nail clippers and *snip*snip*snip*...no more needles. I was really surprised how long they were; they had started to curl into these nice sharp little points, and were definately due for a trimming. Of course, they squirmed and screamed and cried, and generally acted like they were slowly being murdered. PJ put on the best act, throwing his head back and wailing, and finally, just opening his mouth pathetically.

When it was all over, they washed their toes real good, to get rid of the evil human germs, I suppose. But then they figures out that their claws were just as good as ever for climbing, and all was right with the world once more. It just hurts less now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 02:32 PM

Great narration. ;o) I can just see someone sitting in a chair, covered in kittens.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I had the same experience at work tonight. A tiny little 1 1/2 pound stray kitten came in. I was holding him while they drew blood, gave vaccinations, cleaned his ears, and took his temp. He was screaming and wiggling the whole time. In between the horrible things we were doing to him I would just hold him to keep him calm. Well he wasn't up for being a good kitty... he wanted on top of my head, on my shoulder, and all over the exam table... not to mention as far away from us as he could get! I've got tiny scratches and holes all over me!

Not until it was over did I think to have them trim his nails. Took all of 10 seconds and after that I didn't feel a thing. Silly me.

He did settle down and curl up in my hands so I could "protect" him from the evil vet tech I liked being the nice one, haha.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Premier Cat

Very cute stories. I enjoyed them! Kittens are the such characters. Thanks for sharing
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 01:03 AM

Good story! I used to have so many cat scratches. I stayed covered in them. Sometimes I wondered what people thought of me. LoL! I'm so used to scratches now, I hardly notice them.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 01:31 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I know what it feels like to be a Mountain McMommy! But isn't it great when you're inundated with kittens? After all, we are the world's greatest launching pads and home rock climbing setups, and we're free!

And besides, that snack we're having smells sooooo much better than their food. "Just one little taste of what's on your plate, please?" And they don't give up! Life can be so great!!

Sincerely,
Scarred Lady

Alias:

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Exactly! I think to them, we're the world's coolest jungle gym.

Yeah, so I have scratches and cuts all over my arms, legs, and back, and I can't walk into the room without being assaulted, and anything and everything I am working on is fair game for a thorough investigation (that would include dinner )

But I wouldn't give up the sensation of tiny, soft beings snuggling into me, or licking my hands with their little, pink tongues, or kneading me with delicate paws. Nope, not for all the world...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I think we're getting a glimpse of heaven when we raise kittens. It might be a heaven in which the angels have ripped wings, and there's a little accident under the Pearly Gates, but heaven, nevertheless!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jessicat
They are so cute when they are little....yet deadly X_x; When I was younger we used to have kittens all over the house and when you would sit down they would try to climb your legs. Good luck with the kittens when they're claws become pointy again,lol.Do you have a scratching post? Maybe you could try to teach them to climb that.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I think we're getting a glimpse of heaven when we raise kittens. It might be a heaven in which the angels have ripped wings, and there's a little accident under the Pearly Gates, but heaven, nevertheless!
Hehehehe...too true!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page