Purebred or Mixed? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Do you have purebreds or mixed cats?
Purebred 10 23.81%
Mixed 32 76.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Purebred or Mixed?

I just want to know whether people have purebreds or mixed breeds, such as strays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 03:22 PM

I have two purebreeds now, but I used to have two mixed in the past. I dont think there is much difference between them, except the looks, they're both as loveable as eachother, and as pretty!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 03:34 PM

I have a mixed kitty.

i would prefer to get a kitty from the humane society because they need help it doesn't matter whether they're purebred or mixed as long as they don't attack you lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 03:40 PM

I have no proof that mine are purebred -- but the place I adopted them from said they were. So I have no idea, I'm just happy they live with me. My last kitty was a DSH too -- so I'm voting "mixed."
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Cat Addict

I love my 'mutts', and I wouldn't have them any other way.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Sol
Cool Cat

Hey you forgot something... some people have both! I can't vote!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 04:38 PM

Haha Sol...very true. That leaves out some people. It reminded me to mention how much I love your "Bacon."
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 04:39 PM

Both Frosty and Cheerio come from the feral colony I care for on my in-laws' property.
I got Frosty (white with light brown markings on head and tail & blue eyes) when he was a little less than 11 oz and he, unlike other feral kittens I have tamed here, was very sweet and never hiss and spit at me .

Cheerio - red, long hair, main coon look alike -on the other hand was a lot older when I got her but sick. It was easier to bond with her for that matter - because she was too weak to fight me - while I was caring for her. She still is wild - because she runs away from everybody, even me at times. But I know she loves it when I give her many many kisses and lots of loving

Tippy - dilute calico (grey and yellow)- is the the kitty I take care off (not sure if we can afford on the long run so we are keeping an eye open for finding her a forever home if not possible with us) and love just as much, naturally . Although coming from the outdoors I believe she belonged to somebody at some point in time because she is not as squittish as Cheerio. But she is still not as bold as Frosty

They are all mixed and I am very proud and fond of all of them...as I am of all of the feral kitties I care for. They make excellent pets and I encourage eveybody to look at shelters, rescues, sanctuaries when they decide to adopt. It is very rewarding - I can tell from my own experieces.

I also respect the very few reputable breeders out there - like Sol and Jeanie (that used to breed Collies but can give us advice just as much on what to look for)- that have as their aim the better of the breed and not their finances. So if one decides to look at a purebread instead look out for the ones that love the breed, do their homework and not exploit it.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 10:30 PM

I guess Kitty is a purebred, she may have some persian blood in her, but she is a munchkin...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 10:43 PM
Premier Cat

Both! and both are rescues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page