Hurrah! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Hurrah!

Well, I had been stewing for a while because none of the kitties at the shelter I volunteer at were on Petfinder. Turns out that no one has the time to maintain the lists, and they're lucky if they can keep up with the dogs. I said, hey...I do webmaster-y stuff all the time, what's an extra hour a week? So Sunday, I put the first batch of cats on Petfinder. Tuesday, I took pictures of the rest (which was quite a job), updated the shelter's adoption page, and uploaded those to Petfinder, too...so now all our kitties are online! Yee-HAW!

(and yeah, it was sad to finally get the chance to upload my sad, dear Moonshadow kitty for the first time, only to have to remove her Tuesday after she crossed Rainbow Bridge, but I'm sure that I'll find some way to remember her in a meaningful fashion...maybe I'll sponsor a cat cage in her memory...)

I just had to tell someone how nice it was seeing all those great kitties finally get their own little web pages...most people just look at me, like "Huh?" when I talk about it. But I am really excited about it (and I don't get excited about much at my age )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 11:39 PM

I'm so happy you were able to put the kitties on the web - now I'm sure they will get a good looking at!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 11:43 PM

linky to the pets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 12:11 AM

Great job giving more time to provide another possible avenue for these kitties to get adopted.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 12:42 AM

I want to see! Pick me pick me! Really, can we see the link? I want to see what kitties there are!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 01:45 AM

What a wonderful thing for you to do in your spare time! I hope it gets more pets adopted. I too would like a link.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 01:52 AM

That was wonderful for you to do. I hope the kittys find loving homes.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 02:34 AM
Premier Cat

How wonderful of you to do this. Most of us arent computer savy enough to do that. Im sure this makes a difference in these kittys lives. Bless you for taking the time and effort to do this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Duh! I was so excited I forgot to provide a link...

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action ... &preview=1

Goofy is the guy I always call Mr. Bojangles, my big, fierce scaredy-cat...he is doing so much better in his new, bigger condo, really starting to mellow out and get socialized. I love that cat all to pieces. So impressive looking (gorgeous yellow eyes), and his personality is as big as he is. He's the one who would come home with me today if I coud have a second cat (I must have a thing about psychiatric special-needs cats, Assumpta was just like him when we got her)

I could go on forever about them, but I'd better stop before I start (orange tiger lovers, check out Archie, and black cat people, take a look at Spooky, who's our featured kitty).

I'm waaayyyy too happy about all this Petfinder stuff...I really hope our cat adoptions pick up as a result
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 12:32 PM

Pokey looks exactly like my Stephen! (wish she had Pokey's disposition!)

I think Archie is a cutie! I wish Stephen would let me have another kitty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page