LoveCats :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

LoveCats :)

Does anyone out there who has cats who are inseparable? I've heard of some stories and when I got my second cat, I didn't expect her to get along with my first cat so well! Now they sleep and cuddle together, play together, groom each other and even have to go to the toilet after one another! My friend has 3 cats for about 8 years and they all hate each other. What bout yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Cat Addict

My Femix and Hudson were inseperable, or so I thought. These two did EVERYTHING together.

Femix became ill with cancer a few years ago and passed on and I was worried how Hudson would adapt, Femix was her buddy since she was 5 weeks old. Although her personality did change quite a bit, she adapted fine and didn't seem to 'miss' her former buddy. However, she is a completely different cat now.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 03:34 AM
Cool Cat

However, I think the fact that she is a completely different cat now shows that part of her is missing from the loss of Femix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 03:46 AM

Envy hissed,growled,her fur stood on end for an hour straight when we got Chaos. Now Envy follows me around and Chaos follows her around. I have a mini kitty-train They sleep together, groom each other, play together, eat, and use the bathroom one after the other. They adore each other
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 11:20 AM

My last cats (a pair of brothers) were inseparable. They used to fight playfully all the time when they were together, but whenever one was taken away the other was distraught. There was a definite hierachy in the relationship and they needed each other - either to look up to or to 'boss around'.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 04:28 PM

so more than one cat is reccomended?

fluff detests other cats in housing estate where i live. always waking me up fighting at 4am.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 05:54 PM

My boys are inseperable. They play together, sleep together, eat together, take turns chasing each other around the house. etc. etc. When I was teaching Bailey a couple house rules, he was sent to "time out" in the bathroom on a couple of occassions. Problem was, Callie would sit on the other side of the door and they'd meow at each other the whole time. Broke my heart, I felt like they were both getting punished. They are completely attached to each other at the hip.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 10:43 PM

Otis and Jazz were friends almost from the beginning... it only took a week from hissing to gromming each other, and now I never have to search ofr the kitties since they're always within sight of each other.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 12:32 AM

when im giving my long hair cat a bath or doing something else to her she dont like she lets out a cry and my male cat comes a running and will attack my leg or paw at me to let her go. One time she had to stay over nite at vet and when I would go to feed my male cat he would keep looking for her to show up to eat, was sad.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernirish
so more than one cat is reccomended?

fluff detests other cats in housing estate where i live. always waking me up fighting at 4am.
Some cats do hate other cats, but it is not impossible for them to get along with another cat. With some posts, it seems like many of us had cats who were apprehensive but then had a best friend for life due to our small decision to get them another cat. Is your cat neutered and do you always let him/her out of the house at night?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page