cat attacked in her own house - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

cat attacked in her own house

I am so angry and upset. I came home this morning after working nights and before i turned on the lights i noticed blood on the kitchen floor. Megan was just sitting there looking at me, she walked towards me and she was limping. I knew something was wrong. I looked in my bedroom to find clumps of hair and feces. There was blood smeared on the wall.. I have been having troubles with a large male cat coming around my property and it looks like he got in through the cat door and went after megan. Its so upsetting because she is so mild tempered she probably thought he was there to play. I looked her over she has a scrape. I'm not sure if the blood was hers or his but i'm guessing hers as all the fur on the carpet was hers.. I feel so upset about this.. She seem so scared now. I mean she got attacked in the safety of her own house.. has anyone been through this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 06:39 PM

that's so sad!!! that'd be a horrible thing to come home to and she's the most adorable cat. I'm glad she's okay though!

whose cat was it?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I don't see any solution, other than the neighbor keeping his cat in or you keeping Minerva in. It's a shame that a gentle little soul got hurt, but if you keep her indoors it will probably be the best thing for her. It will expand her life expectancy. Now that the neighbor's cat knows how to get in, he'll probably continue to come in.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Cool Cat

Do you have a lock on the cat door? I'd suggest to lock it for now or nail it shut. ... and probably keep it locked at night and while you're away from the house.

sorry
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

she's ok

yes it was the neighbors cat. He is a big bully as far as i concerned. I have decided to just let her use the cat door when i am home and when i'm not i will shut it. Its unfortunate because she loves to be outside and the freedom of the cat door. She is outside now and is becoming less frightened as the time goes by. I feel for her.. She is the greatest cat.

thanks for the support
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Premier Cat

Poor Megan, what a scary experience.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 12:52 AM

Here's something to look at:
http://www.smarthome.com/6106.html
These doors work by having a collar on your cat coded to let only them in and out (if you have more than one cat you can add collars). This pet door will not allow strays or other animals in. This is not the only brand, I've seen several (though I've never tried them). However, I would still consider that if this other cat would come into your home and attack her, he could just as easily attack here while she is outside.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Premier Cat

I have one of those catflaps- a staywell one.

They work great, only time another cat will get in is when my muppets go to close to the catflap and activate it.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Jessimacat has a great idea. I forgot about that gadget. It's ingenious!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

great idea

that's a great idea.. I'm renting and my landlord was nice enough to let me cut a hole in his expensive door for the cat door i have now. i wonder if all cat doors are one size fits all. I'll have to measure the one i got. Does anyone know where in canada i can get one? how much are they?and if my cat isnt used to wearing a collar will she be able to adjust to wearing one?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page