Frosty got out! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Frosty got out!

The mailman came and delivered a few packages..left them in the door with the door CRACKED!!!Andrew was sleeping and I was reading. I usually hear the dogs barking at any sign that somebody approaches the door. I guess they were asleep too.
I had no clue all the time Frosty was out ...and that scares me. Everybody is very careful and we've never had accidents. He doesn't even try to get out - not till today.
My brother-in-law looked out and saw a white cat with a red collar + I.D. and Rabies shot Tag and thought to himslef they (me and Andrew) must have put some on Frosty's wild littermates when they took them in to be altered...but wait they are too wild to be handled, they stay in cages through the whole process That was when he realized it was our own dear Frosty. He told Andrew who went out right away, called him from the bushes where he was hiding. Upon being called Frosty approached and lowered very close to the ground as if he knew he wasn't supposed to be there. To Andrew's relief he stayed put until he could reach him and bring him safely into the house.
I was so scared when Andrew came to tell me - I had no clue all this time that Frosty was out, that he was in danger. I feel bad how confident I was that he couldn't get out. I usually shoo (make a loud noise) them from the door and they (both Frosty and Cheerio) run away when somebody opens the door.
I have already written a note to the delivery person and also asked him to walk to the house so I can talk to him. They need to have rules for such things. I cannot even imagine what he was thinking...what if Cheerio got out - she is not spayed and is now in heat + and she acts scared and untouchable if she is in a place that she is not familiar with.
I am so so happy that Frosty wore collar since he was a few weeks old - it paid off TODAY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 07:12 AM

Glad to hear you found him in time!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 08:18 AM

I'm so glad it worked out! It's so good that your cat in heat didn't get out, that wouldn't have been good at all. I'm always so afraid my cats will get out. But I keep a note taped to the outside of our door at all times saying, "Please do NOT let cats out". Usually the door is locked also, so nobody can open the door and stand there with it open. What really makes me mad is when you KNOW people saw the note on the door and they STILL hold the door open! Grrrr!

Edited to say: Our cats all stay tagged just in case they do get out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Thank you - yes, I am so relieved.
I have never heard of a mailman leaving the packages in the door with the door cracked. We live with our in-laws for now and they keep the doors unlocked for different reasons. We will move out in November and I will be able to monitor my kitties presence in at anytme.
It is extremely scary now that I look back - I would have been terrified to have known while he was outside.
The only problem is now he is restless and meows all the time by doors and windows...exits in general. It will take a while until he will forget about the outside world..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page